No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Influence of thermal agitation on the electric field induced precessional magnetization reversal with perpendicular easy axis
3. T. Maruyama, Y. Shiota, T. Nozaki, K. Ohta, N. Toda, M. Mizuguchi, A. A. Tulapurkar, T. Shinjo, M. Shiraishi, S. Mizukami, Y. Ando, and Y. Suzuki, Nat. Nanotechnol. 4, 158 (2009).
11. T. Nozaki, Y. Shiota, S. Miwa, S. Murakami, F. Bonell, S. Ishibashi, H. Kubota, K. Yakushiji, T. Saruya, A. Fukushima, S. Yuasa, T. Shinjo, and Y. Suzuki, Nat. Phys. 8, 491 (2012).
12. J. Zhu, J. A. Katine, G. E. Rowlands, Y.-J. Chen, Z. Duan, J. G. Alzate, P. Upadhyaya, J. Langer, P. K. Amiri, K. L. Wang, and I. N. Krivorotov, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 197203 (2012).
15. Y. Shiota, S. Miwa, T. Nozaki, F. Bonell, N. Mizuochi, T. Shinjo, H. Kubota, S. Yuasa, and Y. Suzuki, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 102406 (2012).
21. J. J. Nowak, R. P. Robertazzi, J. Z. Sun, G. Hu, D. W. Abraham, P. L. Trouilloud, S. Brown, M. C. Gaidis, E. J. O’Sullivan, W. J. Gallagher, and D. C. Worledge, IEEE. Magn. Lett. 2, 3000204 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
We investigated the influence of thermal agitation on the electric field induced precessional magnetization switching probability with perpendicular easy axis by solving the Fokker-Planck equation numerically with finite difference method. The calculated results show that the thermal agitation during the reversal process crucially influences the switching probability. The switching probability can be achieved is only determined by the thermal stability factor Δ of the free layer, it is independent on the device dimension, which is important for the high density device application. Ultra-low error rate down to the order of 10−9 can be achieved for the device of thermal stability factor Δ of 40. Low damping factor α material should be used for the free layer for high reliability device applications. These results exhibit potential of electric field induced precessional magnetization switching with perpendicular easy axis for ultra-low power, high speed and high density magnetic random access memory (MRAM) applications.
Full text loading...
Most read this month