No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Roles of trichomes with silica particles on the surface of leaves in Aphananthe aspera
2. L. P. Biro, Zs. Balint, K. Kertesz, Z. Vertesy, G. I. Mark, Z. E. Horvath, J. Balazs, D. Mehn, I. Kiricsi, V. Lousse, and J.-P. Vigneron, Phys. Rev. E 67, 021907 (2003).
3. R. Parker, D. R. McKenzie, and M. C. J. Large, J. Exp. Biol. 201, 1307 (1998).
12. R. F. Evert and S. E. Eichhorn, Esau's Plant Anatomy: Meristems, Cells, and Tissues of the Plant Body: Their Structure, Function, and Development (Wiley-Liss, 2006).
13. W. S. C. Chang, Fundamentals of Guided-Wave Optoelectronic Devices (Cambridge University Press, New York, 2010).
15. A. Taflove and S. C. Hagness, Computational electrodynamics: The finite-difference time-domain method, third edition (Artech House, Boston, 2005).
16. According to Planck's law, the spectral radiance of blackbody radiation is described by Bλ(T) = (2hc2/λ5)/[exp (hc/λkBT) − 1], where h, c, kB, T and λ are the Planck constant, speed of light in free space, Boltzmann constant, temperature and wavelength, respectively.
Article metrics loading...
There exist many trichomes with silica particles on the surface of leaves in Aphananthe aspera (Muku tree). The size of the trichomes is on the order of some tens to hundreds of micrometers. Investigating the electric-field local densities of the states and distributions of electromagnetic wave propagation, we theoretically revealed that while trichomes play a role as waveguides for the far-infrared, silica particles help incident far-infrared light efficiently propagate inside the trichomes and leaves. These properties would be useful for efficiently warming plants, since absorbed far-infrared light is converted to heat.
Full text loading...
Most read this month