No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Design and mechanism of cost-effective and highly efficient ultrathin (< 0.5 μm) GaAs solar cells employing nano/micro-hemisphere surface texturing
1. J. Yoon, S. Jo, I. S. Chun, I. Jung, H. S. Kim, M. Meitl, E. Menard, X. Li, J. J. Coleman, U. Paik, and J. A. Rogers, Nature 465, 329 (2010).
2. H. C. Hamaker, C. W. Ford, J. G. Werthen, G. F. Virshup, N. R. Kaminar, D. L. King, and J. M. Gee, Appl. Phys. Lett. 47, 762 (1985).
3. M. J. Archer, D. C. Law, S. Mesropian, M. Haddad, C. M. Fetzer, A. C. Ackerman, C. Ladous, R. R. King, and H. A. Atwater, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 103503 (2008).
12. A. Alemu, A. Freundlich, N. Badi, C. Boney, A. Bensaoula, Proc. of the 33rd IEEE Photovoltaics Specialists Conf. 2008 (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York), pp. 228–231.
13. J. Zhu, Z. Yu, G. F. Burkhard, C. Hsu, S. T. Connor, Y. Xu, Q. Wang, M. McGehee, S. Fan, and Y. Cui, Nano Lett. 9, 279 (2009).
16. S. Koynov, M. S. Brandt, and M. Stutzmann, Phys. Stat. Sol. 1, R53 (2007).
24. J. Jin, The Finite Element Method in Electromagnetics, 2nd ed. (John Wiley and Sons. Inc., New York, 2002).
26. G. A. Boutry, Sci. Prog. 36, 587 (1948).
Article metrics loading...
Low aspect-ratio nano/micro-hemisphere surface texturing is introduced for improving light management in ultrathin GaAs solar cells. A 200 nm thick film textured by the optimal GaAs nano/micro-hemisphere array with both the hemisphere diameter and array periodicity of 500 nm can achieve >90% light absorption from 1.44 to 2.5 eV, lying in the high photon density energy regime of the solar spectrum for GaAs. The excellent light confinement and low aspect ratio, which is thus convenient for conformal deposition of electrodes for efficient photogenerated carrier collection of the proposed structure will facilitate realization of highly efficient and cost-effective ultrathin GaAs solar cells.
Full text loading...
Most read this month