No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Local structures of ionic liquids in the presence of gold under high pressures
1. Ionic Liquids in Synthesis, edited by P. Wasserscheid and T. Welton (Wiley VCH: Weinheim, Germany, 2008).
5. K. Fumino, T. Peppel, M. Geppert-Rybczynska, D. H. Zaitsau, J. K. Lehmann, S. P. Verevkin, M. Kockerling, and R. Ludwig, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 13, 14064 (2011).
6. A. Swiety-Pospiech, Z. Wojnarowska, J. Pionteck, S. Pawlus, A. Grzybowski, S. Hensel-Bielowka, K. Grzybowska, A. Szulc, and M. Paluch, J. Chem. Phys. 136, 224501 (2012).
22. Y. Jeon, J. Sung, C. Seo, H. Lim, H. Cheong, M. Kang, B. Moon, Y. Ouchi, and D. Kim, J. Phys. Chem. B 112, 4735 (2008).
23. U. Schroder, J. D. Wadhawan, R. G. Compton, F. Marken, P. A. Z. Suarez, C. S. Consorti, R. F. de Souza, and J. Dupont, New J. Chem. 24, 1009 (2000).
27. Y. Umebayashi, J. C. Jiang, K. H. Lin, Y. L. Shan, K. Fujii, S. Seki, S. Ishiguro, S. H. Lin, and H. C. Chang, J. Chem. Phys. 131, 234502 (2009).
30. Y. Zhao, X. Liu, X. Lu, S. Zhang, J. Wang, H. Wang, G. Guran, R. D. Rogers, L. Su, and H. Li, J. Phys. Chem. B 116, 10876 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
The interactions between ionic liquid ([EMI][TFS]) and gold surfaces have been investigated via the application of pressures up to ca. 2 GPa. Comparing the spectral features of [EMI][TFS]/gold with those of pure [EMI][TFS], no appreciable changes of C-H bands in the presence of gold powders were observed under ambient pressure. Nevertheless, the imidazolium C-H bands display red shifts in frequency as the [EMI][TFS] / Au mixture was compressed to the pressure above 1.4 GPa and a new alkyl C-H band at ca. 3016 cm−1 was also revealed. These spectral changes, being related to the addition of gold powders and pressure elevation, should be attributed to the local structural changes of C-H groups caused by pressure-enhanced interfacial interactions between [EMI][TFS] and Au. Gold powders tend to induce the changes in hydrogen bonding structures of imidazolium C2-H group under high pressures. The pressure-dependent spectral features in the asymmetric SO3 stretching region display band-narrowing and minor local structural changes induced by the presence of gold particles under high pressures. These observations suggest that Au powders perturb structural equilibrium of C-H groups of cations under high pressures.
Full text loading...
Most read this month