No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Influence of friction on the residual morphology, the penetration load and the residual stress distribution of a Zr-based bulk metallic glass
13. J. P. Ponthot, W. C. Guo, G. Rauchs, and W. H. Zhang, Tribol. 3, 151 (2009).
17. W. C. Guo, J. P. Ponthot, W. H. Zhang, and G. Rauchs, in Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Advanced Computational Methods in Engineering (ACOMEN 2008) (University of Liège, Belgium, 2008).
19. L. Y. Chen, Z. Xue, Z. J. Xu, J. Q. Chen, R. X. He, X. P. Nie, Q. P. Cao, X. D. Wang, S. Q. Ding, and J. Z. Jiang, Adv. Eng. Mater. 14, 195 (2011).
21. H. Huang, H. W. Zhao, Z. J. Yang, J. Mi, Z. Q. Fan, S. G. Wan, C. L. Shi, and Z. C. Ma, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 83, 055002 (6pp) (2012).
23. Hibbitt, Karlsson and Sorensen, Inc. ABAQUS User's Manual, Hibbitt, Karlsson and Sorensen, Inc., Rhode Island, USA. (2009).
Article metrics loading...
In this paper, friction between the Cube-Corner indenter and the sample surface of a Zr-based bulk metallic glass (BMG) was analyzed and discussed by the experimental method, the theoretical method and the finite element simulation. Linear residua are observed on the surface of the indenter for the first time, which gives the direct evidence that strong interaction processes exist between the indenter surface and the sample surface because of strong friction and local high contact press. A simplified model was developed to correct the penetration load with the consideration of friction. Effects of friction on the penetration load-depth curves, plastic flow, surface deformation and residual stress distribution of the sample with different friction coefficients were investigated by the finite element simulation.
Full text loading...
Most read this month