No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
The potential application of ultra-nanocrystalline diamond films for heavy ion irradiation detection
1. S. F. Kozlov, E. A. Konorova, Y. A. Kuznetsov, Y. A. Salikov, V. I. Redko, V. R. Grinberg, and M. L. Meilman, IEEE TNS 24, 235 (1977).
5. Sh. Michaelson, O. Ternyak, R. Akhvlediani, A. Hoffman, A. Lafosse, R. Azria, O. A. Williams, and D. M. Gruen, J. Appl. Phys. 102, 113516 (2007).
11. S. M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices (John Wiley & Sons, 1969).
24. J. F. Ziegler, J. P. Biersack, and U. Littmark, The Stopping and Ranges of Ions in Solids (Pergamon, New York, 1985).
29. J. Stöhr, NEXAFS Spectroscopy (Springer, New York, 1992).
41. Ying-Gang Lu, Stuart Turner, Johan Verbeeck, Stoffel D. Janssens, Patrick Wagner, Ken Haenen, and Gustaaf Van Tendeloo, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 041907 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
The potential of utilizing the ultra-nanocrystalline (UNCD) films for detecting the Au-ion irradiation was investigated. When the fluence for Au-ion irradiation is lower than the critical value (fc = 5.0 × 1012 ions/cm2) the turn-on field for electron field emission (EFE) process of the UNCD films decreased systematically with the increase in fluence that is correlated with the increase in sp2-bonded phase (π*-band in EELS) due to the Au-ion irradiation. The EFE properties changed irregularly, when the fluence for Au-ion irradiation exceeds this critical value. The transmission electron microscopic microstructural examinations, in conjunction with EELS spectroscopic studies, reveal that the structural change preferentially occurred in the diamond-to-Si interface for the samples experienced over critical fluence of Au-ion irradiation, viz. the crystalline SiC phase was induced in the interfacial region and the thickness of the interface decreased. These observations implied that the UNCD films could be used as irradiation detectors when the fluence for Au-ion irradiation does not exceed such a critical value.
Full text loading...
Most read this month