No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Effects of crystal quality and preferred orientation on the irreversible growth of compact TATB cylindrical explosives
3. T. Yong-Jin Han, Philip F. Pagoria, Alexander E. Gash, Amitesh Maiti, Christine A. Orme, Alexander R. Mitchell, and Laurence E. Fried, New Journal of Chemistry 33(1), 50 (2009).
5. C. B. Skidmore, T. A. Butler, and C. W. Sandoval, Report No. LA-14003.
7. R. N. Mulford and J. A. Romero, Sensitivity of TATB-based explosive PBX 9502 after thermal expansion, Shock compression of condensed matter, Amherst, Massachusetts, July 27-August 1, 1997. pp. 723–726.
10. Yubin Li, Yuqi Zhou, Fude Nie, Jie Sun, and Ying Hao, Chinese Iournal of Energetic Materials (Hanneng Cailiao) 9(3) (2011).
13. Trevor M. Willey, D. Mark Hoffman, Tony van Buuren, Lisa Lauderbach, Richard H. Gee, Amitesh Maiti, George E. Overturf, Laurence E. Fried, and Jan Ilavsky, Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics 34(5), 406 (2009).
14. Trevor M. Willey, Tony van Buuren, Jonathan R. I. Lee, George E. Overturf, John H. Kinney, Jeff Handly, Brandon L. Weeks, and Jan Ilavsky, Pyrotech 31(6), 466 (2006).
15. Jie Sun, Bin Kang, Haobin Zhang, Yu Liu, Yunxia Xia, Yanqun Yao, and Xiaofeng Liu, Central European Journal of Energetic Materials 8(1), 11 (2011).
17. Ricardo B. Wchwarz, Geoffrey W. Brown, Darla G. Thompson, Barton W. Olinger, Jevan Furmanski, Howard H. Cady, Porpellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, Avaliable online (2013).
18. Richard H. Gee, Szczepan Roszak, Krishnan Balasubramanian, and Laurence E. Fried, The Journal of Chemical Physics 120(15), 7059 (2004).
21. Haobin Zhang, Jie Sun, Bin Kang, Yuanjie Shu, Xiaoyan Shu, Yu Liu, and Xiaofeng Liu, Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics 37(2), 172 (2012).
24. Jie Sun, Haobin Zhang, Maoping Wen, Qiu Zhang, and Xiaofeng Liu, Chinese Journal of Energetic Materials 20(5), 545 (2012).
27. A. C. Bailey and B. Yates, J. Appl. Phys. A 41, 5088 (1970).
28. R. G. Naum and C. K. Jun, J. Appl. Phys. A 41, 5092 (1970).
Article metrics loading...
Three kinds of 1,3,5-triamino-2,4,6-trinitrobenzene (TATB) cylinders compacted with TATB raw materials, recrystallized near-spherical and platy TATB crystals are compared to investigate the effects of crystal quality and preferred orientation on their irreversible growth. The results show that the higher the crystal quality, the lower the irreversible volume growth. The compacted cylinders of raw material TATB, with the poorest crystal quality, possess more irreversible growth than those with recrystallized high quality TATB crystals. Irreversible growth of TATB cylinders are also affected by crystal preferred orientation. With the same crystal quality, crystal preferred orientation leads to anisotropic irreversible dimension growth, but has no effect on the volume expansion of TATB cylinders. By changing the crystal quality and preferred orientation, the deformation problem of TATB-based PBX explosives may be restricted.
Full text loading...
Most read this month