No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Energy transport in crystalline DNA composites
2. A. P. Alivisatos, K. P. Johnsson, X. G. Peng, T. E. Wilson, C. J. Loweth, M. P. Bruchez, and P. G. Schultz, Nature 382, 609 (1996).
6. C. Dekker and M. A. Ratner, Physics World 14, 29 (2001).
8. M. Bixon, B. Giese, S. Wessely, T. Langenbacher, M. E. Michel-Beyerle, and J. Jortner, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 96, 11713 (1999).
13. P. J. de Pablo, F. Moreno-Herrero, J. Colchero, J. Gomez-Herrero, P. Herrero, A. M. Baro, P. Ordejon, J. M. Soler, and E. Artacho, Physical Review Letters 85, 4992 (2000).
18. C. Kittel, Introduction to solid state physics, 8th ed. (J. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, 2005).
21. S. A. Harfenist, S. D. Cambron, E. W. Nelson, S. M. Berry, A. W. Isham, M. M. Crain, K. M. Walsh, R. S. Keynton, and R. W. Cohn, Nano Letters 4, 1931 (2004).
27. T. Wang, X. W. Wang, Y. W. Zhang, L. Y. Liu, L. Xu, Y. Liu, L. J. Zhang, Z. Y. Luo, and K. F. Cen, Journal of Applied Physics 104, 013528 (2008).
28. R. T. Downs, K. L. Bartelmehs, G. V. Gibbs, and M. B. Boisen, American Mineralogist 78, 1104 (1993).
29.Chemical Rubber Company., Handbook of chemistry and physics (CRC Press, Cleveland, Ohio, 2004).
Article metrics loading...
This work reports on the synthesis of crystalline DNA-composited films and microfibers, and details the study of thermal energy transport in them. The transient electro-thermal technique is used to characterize the thermal transport in DNA composite microfibers, and the photothermal technique is used to explore the thermal transport in the thickness direction of DNA films. Compared with microfibers, the DNA films are found to have a higher thermal transport capacity, largely due to the carefully controlled crystallization process in film synthesis. In high NaCl concentration solutions, the bond of the Na+ ion and phosphate group aligns the DNA molecules with the NaCl crystal structure during crystallization. This results in significant enhancement of thermal transport in the DNA films with aligned structure.
Full text loading...
Most read this month