No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Temperature dependent dielectric function and the E 0
critical points of hexagonal GaN from 30 to 690 K
1. S. Nakamura, M. Senoh, S. Nagahama, N. Iwasa, T. Yamada, T. Matsushita, Y. Sugimoto, and H. Kiyoku, Appl. Phys. Lett. 69, 4056 (1996).
6. N. V. Edwards, S. D. Yoo, M. D. Bremser, M. N. Horton, N. R. Perkins, T. W. Weeks Jr., H. Liu, R. A. Stall, T. F. Kuech, R. F. Davis, and D. E. Aspnes, Thin Solid Films 313–314, 187 (1998).
19. R. M. A. Azzam and N. M. Bashara, in Ellipsometry and Polarized Light (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1997).
22.RC2, J. A. Woollam Co., Inc., USA.
25. M. Cardona, in Modulation Spectroscopy, Suppl. vol. 11 of Solid State Physics, edited by F. Seitz, D. Turnbull, and H. Ehrenreich (Academic, New York, 1969).
26. L. Siozade, S. Colard, M. Mihailovic, J. Leymarie, A. Vasson, N. Grandjean, M. Leroux, and J. Massies, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39, 20 (2000).
30. Semiconductors, Physics of Group IV Elements and III-V Compounds, edited by K.-H. Hellwege and O. Madelung, Landolt-Börnstein, New Series, Group III, Vol. 17 (Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1982).
Article metrics loading...
The complex dielectric function ɛ and the E 0 excitonic and band-edge critical-point structures of hexagonal GaN are reported for temperatures from 30 to 690 K and energies from 0.74 to 6.42 eV, obtained by rotating-compensator spectroscopic ellipsometry on a 1.9 μm thick GaN film deposited on a c-plane (0001) sapphire substrate by molecular beam epitaxy. Direct inversion and B-splines in a multilayer-structure calculation were used to extract the optical properties of the film from the measured pseudodielectric function ⟨ɛ⟩. At low temperature sharp E 0 excitonic and critical-point interband transitions are separately observed. Their temperature dependences were determined by fitting the data to the empirical Varshni relation and the phenomenological expression that contains the Bose-Einstein statistical factor.
Full text loading...
Most read this month