No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Melanin as an active layer in biosensors
18. G. Prota, Melanins and melanogenesis (Academic Press, 1992).
22. C.-T. Chen, V. Ball, J. J. de Almeida Gracio, M. K. Singh, V. Toniazzo, D. Ruch, and M. J. Buehler, ACS Nano (2013).
24. M. Abbas, F. D’Amico, L. Morresi, N. Pinto, M. Ficcadenti, R. Natali, L. Ottaviano, M. Passacantando, M. Cuccioloni, M. Angeletti, and R. Gunnella, Eur. Phys. J. E 28, 285 (2009).
25. A. B. Mostert, B. J. Powell, F. L. Pratt, G. R. Hanson, T. Sarna, I. R. Gentle, and P. Meredith, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 109, 8943 (2012).
27. E. Barsoukov and J. R. Macdonald, Impedance spectroscopy: theory, experiment, and applications (Wiley.com, 2005).
30. M. Magarelli, P. Passamonti, and C. Renieri, Revista CES Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia 5, 18 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
The development of pH sensors is of great interest due to its extensive application in several areas such as industrial processes, biochemistry and particularly medical diagnostics. In this study, the pH sensing properties of an extended gate field effect transistor (EGFET) based on melanin thin films as active layer are investigated and the physical mechanisms related to the device operation are discussed. Thin films were produced from different melanin precursors on indium tin oxide (ITO) and gold substrates and were investigated by Atomic Force Microscopy and Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy. Experiments were performed in the pH range from 2 to 12. EGFETs with melanin deposited on ITO and on gold substrates showed sensitivities ranging from 31.3 mV/pH to 48.9 mV/pH, depending on the melanin precursor and the substrate used. The pH detection is associated with specific binding sites in its structure, hydroxyl groups and quinone imine.
Full text loading...
Most read this month