No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Evaluation of the threshold trimming method for micro inertial fluidic switch based on electrowetting technology
1. K. Yoo, U. Park, and J. Kim, “Development and characterization of a novel configurable MEMS inertial switch using a microscale liquid-metal droplet in a microstructured channel,” Sensors and Actuators A : Physical 166(2), 234–240 (2011).
2. Rui Zhao, Zhong-cheng Liang, Bo Jiang, Rong-qing Xu et al., “Studies on electrowetting of room temperature ionic liquids,” Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics 214(20), 4089–4091 (2013).
5. Nah-Young Kim, Sung-Min Hong, and Soon-Sup Park, “The movement of micro droplet with the effects of dielectric layer and hydrophobic surface treatment with R.F. atmospheric plasma in EWOD structure,” Journal of Physics: Conference Series 34, 650–655 (2006).
7. Wyatt C. Nelson, Prosenjit Sen, and Chang-Jin Kim, “Dynamic contact angles and hysteresis under electrowetting-on-dielectric,” Langmuir 27(16), 10319–10326 (2011).
9. Liu Ke, “Preparation and wetting of porous silicon,” Shenyang institute of aeronautical engineering, 2012.
Article metrics loading...
The switch based on electrowetting technology has the advantages of no moving part, low contact resistance, long life and adjustable acceleration threshold. The acceleration threshold of switch can be fine-tuned by adjusting the applied voltage. This paper is focused on the electrowetting properties of switch and the influence of microchannel structural parameters, applied voltage and droplet volume on acceleration threshold. In the presence of process errors of micro inertial fluidic switch and measuring errors of droplet volume, there is a deviation between test acceleration threshold and target acceleration threshold. Considering the process errors and measuring errors, worst-case analysis is used to analyze the influence of parameter tolerance on the acceleration threshold. Under worst-case condition the total acceleration threshold tolerance caused by various errors is 9.95%. The target acceleration threshold can be achieved by fine-tuning the applied voltage. The acceleration threshold trimming method of micro inertial fluidic switch is verified.
Full text loading...
Most read this month