No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Enhanced 2.7 μm emission from Er3+
doped oxyfluoride tellurite glasses for a diode-pump mid-infrared laser
2. A. Rogalski and K. Chrzanowski, Opto-electron. Rev. 10, 111 (2002).
16. M. Abril, J. Méndez-Ramos, I. R. Martín, U. R. Rodríguez-Mendoza, V. Lavín, A. Delgado-Torres, and V. D. Rodríguez, J. Appl. Phys. 95, 5271 (2004).
20. L. Gomes, M. Oermann, H. Ebendorff-Heidepriem, D. Ottaway, T. Monro, A. F. H. Librantz, and S. D. Jackson, J. Appl. Phys. 110, 083111 (2011).
24. V. Nazabal, S. Todoroki, A. Nukui, T. Matsumoto, S. Suehara, T. Hondo, T. Araki, S. Inoue, C. Rivero, and T. Cardinal, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 325, 85 (2003).
31. Y. F. Zheng, B. J. Chen, H. Y. Zhong, J. S. Sun, L. H. Cheng, X. P. Li, J. S. Zhang, Y. Tian, W. L. Lu, J. Wan, T. T. Yu, L. B. Huang, H. Q. Yu, and H. Lin, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 94, 1766 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
The influence of fluoride and shielding gas (O2 or Ar) on the physical and spectroscopic properties of Er3+ doped TeO2-ZnO-ZnF2 glass system is investigated. The larger electronegativity of F than O accounts for the gradual decrease of refractive index, density, and J-O parameters with increasing ZnF2. An analysis on Fourier transform infrared transmission spectra reveals that the absorption coefficient of OH− around 3 μm as low as 0.247 cm−1 can be achieved when 30 mol% ZnF2 containing sample is treated with Ar gas during glass melting process. The reduction of OH− groups combined with the low multiphonon relaxation rate (207 s−1) contributes to the enhanced emissions at 1.5 and 2.7 μm, along with prolonged lifetimes of 4I11/2 and 4I13/2 levels. A high branching ratio (17.95%) corresponding to the Er3+: 4I11/2 → 4I13/2 transition, the large absorption and emission cross section (0.44 × 10−20 cm2 and 0.45 × 10−20 cm2), and good gain cross section demonstrate that oxyfluoride tellurite glass could be a promising material for a diode-pump 2.7 μm fiber laser.
Full text loading...
Most read this month