No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Spatially resolved energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopic method for in-situ evaluation of mechanical properties during the growth of a C - Pt composite nanowire
5. J. H. Bak, Y. D. Kim, S. S. Hong, B. Y. Lee, S. R. Lee, J. H. Jang, M. Kim, K. Char, S. Hong, and Y. D. Park, Nature Materials 7, 459–463 (2008).
6. M. P. Siegal, D. R. Tallant, P. N. Provencio, D. L. Overmyer, R. L. Simpson, and L. J. Martinez-Miranda, Appl. Phys. Lett. 76, 3052 (2000);
11. J. R. Montague, D. Seghete, K. A. Bertness, N. A. Sanford, S. A. George, V. M. Bright, and C. T. Rogers, Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Conference, 2009. Transducers 2009. 1437–1440 (2009).
See supplementary material at http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4879617
for a detailed description on the CASINO simulation (Supplementary_1_Casino_Simulations.doc) and for electron beam induced bending of thin (diameter ∼60 nm) carbon nanowires. (Supplementary_2_Bending_Nanowires.doc). [Supplementary Material]
18. S. Okada, T. Mukawa, R. Kobayashi, J. Fujita, M. Ishida, T. Ichihashi, Y. Ochiai, T. Kaito, and S. Matsui, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 44, 5646–5650 (2005).
19. D. Lange, C. Hagleitner, A. Hierlemann, O. Brand, and H. Baltes, Anal. Chem. 74, 3084–3095 (2002);
19.Y. T. Yang, K. L. Ekinci, X. M. H. Huang, L. M. Schiavone, M. L. Roukes, C. A. Zorman, and M. Mehregany, Appl. Phys. Lett. 78, 162–164 (2001);
Article metrics loading...
A core-shell type C-Pt composite nanowire is fabricated using focused ion and electron beam induced chemical vapor deposition techniques. Using information from spatially resolved energy dispersive x-ray spectra, we detect the resonance vibration in the C-Pt composite nanowire. We use this method to measure the Young's moduli of the constituents (C, Pt) of the composite nanowire and also estimate the density of the FEB CVD grown Pt shell surrounding the C core. By measuring the resonance characteristics of the composite nanowire we estimate a Pt shell growth rate of ∼0.9 nms−1. The study is analyzed to suggest that the Pt shell growth mechanism is primarily governed by the sticking coefficient of the organometallic vapor on the C nanowire core.
Full text loading...
Most read this month