No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
FP-LAPW investigation of electronic, magnetic, elastic and thermal properties of Fe-doped zirconium nitride
3. L. Krusin-Elbaum, and M. Wittmer, Thin Solid Films (Elsevier, 1983).
13. T. Chihi, S. Boucetta, and D. Maouche, Acta Phy. Pol. A 116 (2009).
14. P. Blaha, K. Schwarz, G. K. H. Madsen, D. Kvasnicka, and J. Luitz, WIEN2k, An Augmented Plane Wave Plus Local Orbitals Program for Calculating Crystal Properties (Vienna University of Technology, Austria, 2001).
17. D. J. Sing, Plane Waves, Pseudo-potentials and the LAPW Method (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 1994).
21. R. W. G. Wyckoff, Crystal Structures, 2nd ed. (Wiley, New York, 1973), Vol. 1, p. 86.
29. E. Schreiber, O. L. Anderson, and N. Soga, Elastic Constants and Their Measurement (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1973).
31. M. Mattesim, M. Magnuson, F. Tasnadi, C. Hoglund, I. A. Abrikosov, and L. Hultman, Phys. Rev. B 79, 125129 (2009).
32. S. F. Pugh, Philos. Mag. 45, 823 (1954).
34. X.-J. Chen, V. V. Struzhkin, Z. Wu, M. Somayazulu, J. Qian, S. Kung, A. N. Christens, Y. Zhao, R. E. Cohen, H.-K. Mao, and R. J. Hemley, unpublished.
42. C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics, 7th ed. (John Wiley & Son, Inc., 1996).
Article metrics loading...
Full Potential- Linear Augmented Plane Wave (FP-LAPW) method has been employed to study the electronic, magnetic, elastic and thermal properties of Fe-doped Zirconium nitride. In this work, Fe-atoms were doped into the super cell of ZrN in doping concentrations of 12.5%, 25% and 37.5% to replace Zr atoms. Electronic properties such as band structure and DOS were plotted and compared for the doped compounds. Charge density contours were plotted for all the doped compounds. The non-magnetic ZrN doped in different Fe concentrations were found to be ferromagnetic. Magnetic moments have been calculated and compared. Elastic properties have been studied and compared with electronic properties. Appearance of magnetic ordering and its influence with the elastic properties have been reported. Impact of 3d states of Fe in DOS plot on the elastic nature of the compounds has been highlighted. Thermal properties such as Debye temperature and molar heat capacities at low temperature have been determined. Debye temperature is found to decrease with higher doping concentrations. Molar heat capacities are found to increase with higher concentrations of Fe atoms.
Full text loading...
Most read this month