No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Subthreshold-swing physics of tunnel field-effect transistors
2. C. Hu, P. Patel, A. Bowonder, K. Jeon, S. H. Kim, W. Y. Loh, C. Y. Kang, J. Oh, P. Majhi, A. Javey, T. K. Liu, and R. Jammy, Int. Elect. Dev. Meet. 16. 387 (2010).
4. Y. Khatami, M. Krall, H. Li, C. Xu, and K. Banerjee, in Proceedings of 68th Device Research Conference (DRC) (2010), p. 65.
6. K. Tomioka, M. Yoshimura, and T. Fukui, Symp. on VLSI Technology. 47 (2012).
8. K. Jeon, W. Loh, P. Patel, C. Kang, J. Oh, A. Bowonder, C. Park, C. Park, C. Smith, P. Majhi, H. Tseng, R. Jammy, T. Liu, and C. Hu, Symp. on VLSI Technology. 121 (2010).
9. T. Krishnamohan, D. Kim, S. Raghunathan, and K. Saraswat, IEEE Int. Elect. Dev. Meet. 947 (2008).
11. G. Dewey, B. Chu-Kung, J. Boardman, J. M. Fastenau, J. Kavalieros, R. Kotlyar, W. K. Liu, D. Lubyshev, M. Metz, N. Mukherjee, P. Oakey, R. Pillarisetty, M. Radosavljevic, H. W. Then, and R. Chau, IEEE Int. Elect. Dev. Meet. 785 (2011).
12. S. Datta, Electronic Transport in Mesoscopic Systems (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1995).
15. L. Zhang, J. He, and M. Chan, IEEE Int. Elect. Dev. Meet. 6. 143 (2012).
18.TCAD Sentaurus Device Manual, Synopsys, Inc., Mountain View, CA, Ver. D-2010.03, 2010.
21. J. Kang, W. Cao, D. Sarkar, Y. Khatami, W. Liu, and K. Banerjee, in 3rd Berkeley E3S Symposium (2013), pp. 1–2.
22. W. Cao, J. Kang, W. Liu, Y. Khatami, D. Sarkar, and K. Banerjee, Soli.-Stat. Dev. Res. Conf. (ESSDERC), Proc. of the Euro. (2013), pp. 37–44.
Article metrics loading...
Band-to-band tunnel field-effect-transistors (TFETs) are considered a possible replacement for the conventional metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors due to their ability to achieve subthreshold swing (SS) below 60 mV/decade. This letter reports a comprehensive study of the SS of TFETs by examining the effects of electrostatics and material parameters of TFETs on their SS through a physics based analytical model. Based on the analysis, an intrinsic SS degradation effect in TFETs is uncovered. Meanwhile, it is also shown that designing a strong onset condition, quantified by an introduced concept - “onset strength”, for TFETs can effectively overcome this degradation at the onset stage, and thereby achieve ultra-sharp switching characteristics. The uncovered physics provides theoretical support to recent experimental results, and forward looking insight into more advanced TFET design.
Full text loading...
Most read this month