No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Tunnel field-effect transistor with two gated intrinsic regions
2. K. Boucart, Ph.D. thesis, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 2010.
8. Li Xiang, Chen Zhixian, Shen Nansheng, D. Sarkar, N. Singh, K. Banerjee, Lo Guo-Qiang, and Kwong Dim-Lee, Electron Device Letters, IEEE 32, 1492 (2011).
9. Sentaurus Device User Guide (Synopsys Inc., Santa Clara, CA, 2013).
10. Simulation of a Simple GaAs Tunnel Diode for Multijunction Solar Cells. (Synopsys Inc., Santa Clara, CA, 2013).
11. Ben G. Streetman and Sanjay Kumar Banerjee, Solid State Electronic Devices, 6th ed. (Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 2005), pp. 508–512.
12. C. Hu, D. Chou, P. Patel, and A. Bowonder, in Proceedings of the 2008 International Symposium on VLSI Technology, Systems and Applications (2008), pp. 14–15.
13. K. Jeon, Ph.D. thesis (University of California, Berkeley, 2012).
14. C. Le Royer and F. Mayer, in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Ultimate Integration of Silicon (March 2009), pp. 53–56.
17. A. R. Trivedi, S. Carlo, and S. Mukhopadhyay, in Proceeding of the 50 th Design Automation Conference (DAC) (2013), pp. 1–6.
18. Liu Huichu, S. Datta, and V. Narayanan, in Proceeding of 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED) (2013), pp. 145–150.
Article metrics loading...
In this paper, we propose and validate (using simulations) a novel design of silicon tunnel field-effect transistor (TFET), based on a reverse-biased p+-p-n-n+ structure. 2D device simulation results show that our devices have significant improvements of switching performance compared with more conventional devices based on p-i-n structure. With independent gate voltages applied to two gated intrinsic regions, band-to-band tunneling (BTBT) could take place at the p-n junction, and no abrupt degenerate doping profile is required. We developed single-side-gate (SSG) structure and double-side-gate (DSG) structure. SSG devices with HfO2 gate dielectric have a point subthreshold swing of 9.58 mV/decade, while DSG devices with polysilicon gate electrode material and HfO2 gate dielectric have a point subthreshold swing of 16.39 mV/decade. These DSG devices have ON-current of 0.255 μA/μm, while that is lower for SSG devices. Having two nano-scale independent gates will be quite challenging to realize with good uniformity across the wafer and the improved behavior of our TFET makes it a promising steep-slope switch candidate for further investigations.
Full text loading...
Most read this month