No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Interactions between silver nanoparticles and polyvinyl alcohol nanofibers
1. S. Ramakrishna, K. Fujihara, W. E. Teo, T. C. Lim, and Z. Ma, An Introduction to Electrospinning and Nanofibers; World Scientific: Singapore (2005).
16. Rafael Contreras- Caceres, Claudine Dawson, Petr Formanek, Dieter Fischer, Frank Simon, Andreas Janke, Petra Uhlmann, and Manfred Stamm, Chem. Mater. 25, 158–169 (2013).
33. J. F. Li, Y. F. Huanf, Y. Ding, Z. L. Yang, S. B. Li, X. S. Zhou, F. R. Fan, W. Zhang, Z. Y. Zhou, D. Y. Wu, B. Ren, Z. L. Wang, and Z. Q. Tian, Nature 464, 392 (2010).
34. X. M. Qian, X. H. Peng, D. O. Ansari, Q. Yin-Goen, G. Z. Chen, D. M. Shin, L. Yang, A. N. Young, M. D. Wang, and S. M. Nie, Nat. Biotechnol. 26, 83 (2008).
42. S. L. Kleinman, E. Ringe, N. Valley, K. L. Wustholz, E. Phillips, K. A. Scheidt, G. C. Schatz, and R. P. Van Duyne, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 4115 (2011).
53. J. P. Perdew, Electronic Structure in Solids ‘91, P. Ziesche and H. Eschrig, Eds. (Akademie Verlag, Berlin, 1991).
Article metrics loading...
The interaction of polyvinylalcohol (PVA) nanofibers with silver (Ag) nanoparticles (mean diameter 8nm) has been modeled using density functional theory (DFT) calculations. The physical adsorption of PVA through the hydroxyl group, to the Ag, and its corresponding molecular orientation was compared with experimental results obtained from surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) studies of the same material. A good agreement was found between the computational model of the vibrational spectrum of the adsorbate and the experimentally observed SERS. In general, aliphatic capping molecules are used to passivate the surface of Ag 55 nanocrystals (55 = atomic number of Ag). In this study, a DFT simulation was employed to show binding energies and electron contour map analyses of Ag 55 with PVA. Here we show that the PVA interacts with the Ag nanoparticle's surface, through the OH group, thereby contributing significantly to the increase in SERS activity.
Full text loading...
Most read this month