No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Mechanical confinement for improved energy storage density in BNT-BT-KNN lead-free ceramic capacitors
1. M. H. Rashid, Power electronics handbook (Academic Pr, 2001).
2. A. Ioinovici, “Circuits and Systems Magazine,” IEEE 1, 37 (2001).
3. Y. Diab, P. Venet, H. Gualous, and G. Rojat, “Power Electronics,” IEEE Transactions on 24, 510 (2009).
4. L. Zubieta and R. Bonert, “Industry Applications,” IEEE Transactions on 36, 199 (2000).
6. J. W. Baek, J. G. Cho, G. H. Rim, and E. S. Kim (Google Patents, 1999).
7. T. Noma and H. Takemura (Google Patents, 2007).
9. M. Souda, F. Endo, C. Yamazaki, K. Okamura, and K. Fukushima, in Development of high power capacitor charging power supply for pulsed power applications (1999), p. 1414.
10. F. MacDougall, R. Jow, J. Ennis, S. Yen, X. Yang, and J. Ho, “Pulse power capacitors,” (2008).
11. J. S. Bernardes, M. F. Stumborg, and T. E. Jean, “Magnetics,” IEEE Transactions on 39, 486 (2003).
12. L. Jih-Sheng, R. W. Young Sr., G. W. Ott Jr., J. W. McKeever, and P. Fang Zheng, “Industry Applications,” IEEE Transactions on 32, 518 (1996).
13. L. Jih-Sheng, H. Kouns, and J. Bond, in A low-inductance DC bus capacitor for high power traction motor drive inverters (2002), p. 955.
20. W. Yong, Z. Xin, C. Qin, B. Chu, and Z. Qiming, “Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation,” IEEE Transactions on 17, 1036 (2010).
26. G. Viola, H. Ning, X. Wei, M. Deluca, A. Adomkevicius, J. Khaliq, M. John Reece, and H. Yan, Journal of Applied Physics 114 (2013).
32. D. A. Berlincourt, “Transducers using forced transitions between ferroelectric and antiferroelectric states,” (1965).
36. S.-T. Zhang, A. B. Kounga, E. Aulbach, T. Granzow, W. Jo, H.-J. Kleebe, and J. Rödel, Journal of Applied Physics 103 (2008).
38. S.-T. Zhang, A. B. Kounga, E. Aulbach, H. Ehrenberg, and J. Rödel, Applied Physics Letters 91 (2007).
39. K. T. P. Seifert, W. Jo, and J. Rödel, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 93, 1392 (2010).
43. S.-T. Zhang, A. B. Kounga, E. Aulbach, W. Jo, T. Granzow, H. Ehrenberg, and J. Rödel, Journal of Applied Physics 103 (2008).
44. X. Tan, E. Aulbach, W. Jo, T. Granzow, J. Kling, M. Marsilius, H.-J. Kleebe, and J. Rödel, Journal of Applied Physics 106 (2009).
45. H. Borkar, V. Singh, M. Tomar, V. Gupta, A. Kumar, and B. Singh, RSC Advances (2014).
47. M. Ahart, M. Somayazulu, R. Cohen, P. Ganesh, P. Dera, H.-k. Mao, R. J. Hemley, Y. Ren, P. Liermann, and Z. Wu, Nature 451, 545 (2008).
57. X. Tan, E. Aulbach, W. Jo, T. Granzow, J. Kling, M. Marsilius, H. J. Kleebe, and J. Rodel, Journal of Applied Physics 106, 044107 (2009).
Article metrics loading...
With the advent of modern power electronics, embedded circuits and non-conventional energy harvesting, the need for high performance capacitors is bound to become indispensible. The current state-of-art employs ferroelectric ceramics and linear dielectrics for solid state capacitance. However, lead-free ferroelectric ceramics propose to offer significant improvement in the field of electrical energy storage owing to their high discharge efficiency and energy storage density. In this regards, the authors have investigated the effects of compressive stress as a means of improving the energy storage density of lead-free ferroelectric ceramics. The energy storage density of 0.91(Bi0.5 Na 0.5)TiO3-0.07BaTiO3-0.02(K0.5 Na 0.5)NbO3 ferroelectric bulk ceramic was analyzed as a function of varying levels of compressive stress and operational temperature .It was observed that a peak energy density of 387 mJ.cm-3 was obtained at 100 MPa applied stress (25oC). While a maximum energy density of 568 mJ.cm-3 was obtained for the same stress at 80oC. These values are indicative of a significant, 25% and 84%, improvement in the value of stored energy compared to an unloaded material. Additionally, material's discharge efficiency has also been discussed as a function of operational parameters. The observed phenomenon has been explained on the basis of field induced structural transition and competitive domain switching theory.
Full text loading...
Most read this month