No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Electron diffraction study of the sillenites Bi12
: Evidence of short-range ordering of oxygen-vacancies in the trivalent sillenites
4. J. Ricardo, M. Muramatsu, F. Palcios, M. Gesualdi, J. Valin, and M. A. P. Lopez, Optics and Lasers in Engineering (2013).
16. B.-H. Kim, T.-H. Lim, J.-W. Roh, S.-G. Lee, C. Ju, S. Park, S. Hong, and G. Lee, Reaction Kinetics, Mechanisms and Catalysis 99, 217 (2010).
21. H. Sekhar and D. N. Rao, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics , 1 (2013).
22. R. Köferstein, T. Buttlar, and S. G. Ebbinghaus, Journal of Solid State Chemistry (2014).
32. L. Wiehl, A. Friedrich, E. Hausshl, W. Morgenroth, A. Grzechnik, K. Friese, B. Winkler, K. Refson, and V. Milman, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 22, 505401 (2010).
35. S. F. Radaev, L. A. Muradyan, and V. I. Simonov, Acta Crystallographica Section B 47, 1 (1991).
36. V. Radaev and S. F. Simonov, Kristallografiya 37, 914 (1992).
38. Y. Sun, X. Xiong, Z. Xia, H. Liu, Y. Zhou, M. Luo, and C. Wang, Ceramics International (2012).
39. A. I. Becerro, F. Langenhorst, R. J. Angel, S. Marion, C. A. McCammon, and F. Seifert, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 2, 3933 (2000).
Article metrics loading...
We present an electron diffraction study of three sillenites, Bi12SiO20, Bi25FeO39, and Bi25InO39 synthesized using the solid-state method. We explore a hypothesis, inspired by optical studies in the literature, that suggests that trivalent sillenites have additional disorder not present in the tetravalent compounds. Electron diffraction patterns of Bi25FeO39 and Bi25InO39 show streaks that confirm deviations from the ideal sillenite structure. Multi-slice simulations of electron-diffraction patterns are presented for different perturbations to the sillenite structure - partial substitution of the M site by Bi3+, random and ordered oxygen-vacancies, and a frozen-phonon model. Although comparison of experimental data to simulations cannot be conclusive, we consider the streaks as evidence of short-range ordered oxygen-vacancies.
Full text loading...
Most read this month