No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Prospective for graphene based thermal mid-infrared light emitting devices
9.See, for example, M. Parameswaran, A. M. Robinson, D. L. Blackburn, M. Gaitan, and J. Geist, IEEE Electron Device Lett. 12, 57 (1991).
13. J. Abell, C. S. Kim, W. W. Bewley, C. D. Merritt, C. L. Canedy, I. Vurgaftman, J. R. Meyer and M. Kim, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 261103 (2014).
15. A. C. Ferrari, J. C. Meyer, V. Scardaci, C. Casiraghi, M. Lazzeri, F. Mauri, S. Piscanec, D. Jiang, K. S. Novoselov, S. Roth, and A. K. Geim, Phys. Rev. Lett. 187401 (2006).
17. X. Li, Y. Zhu, W. Cai, M. Borysiak, B. Han, D. Chen, R. D. Piner, L. Colombo, and R. S. Ruoff, Nano Lett. 9, 4359 (2009).
21. N. M. Ravindra, B. Sopori, O. H. Gokce, X. Cheng, A. Shenoy, L. Jin, S. Abedrabbo, W. Chen and Y. Zhang, International Journal of Thermophysics 22, 1593, (2001).
22. H. Sana, X. Chena, M. Chenga, and F. Lia, Proc. SPIE 6836, 68360N (2007).
Article metrics loading...
We have investigated the spatial and spectral characteristics of mid-infrared thermal emission from large area Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) graphene, transferred onto SiO2/Si, and show that the emission is broadly that of a grey-body emitter, with emissivity values of approximately 2% and 6% for mono- and multilayer graphene. For the currents used, which could be sustained for over one hundred hours, the emission peaked at a wavelength of around 4 μm and covered the characteristic absorption of many important gases. A measurable modulation of thermal emission was obtained even when the drive current was modulated at frequencies up to 100 kHz.
Full text loading...
Most read this month