No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Carrier transport properties of the Group-IV ferromagnetic semiconductor Ge1-x
with and without boron doping
8. Y. D. Park, A. T. Hanbicki, S. C. Erwin, C. S. Hellberg, J. M. Sullivan, J. E. Mattson, T. F. Ambrose, A. Wilson, G. Spanos, and B. T. Jonker, Science 295, 651 (2002).
9. M. Jamet, A. Barski, T. Devillers, V. Poydenot, R. Dujardin, P. Bayle-Guillemaud, J. Rothman, E. Bellet-Amalric, A. Marty, J. Cibert, R. Mattana, and S. Tatarenko, Nature Mater. 5, 653 (2006).
10. J.-S. Kang, G. Kim, S. C. Wi, S. S. Lee, S. Choi, S. Cho, S. W. Han, K. H. Kim, H. J. Song, H. J. Shin, A. Sekiyama, S. Kasai, S. Suga, and B. I. Min, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 147202 (2005).
13. A. P. Li, C. Zeng, K. van Benthem, M. F. Chisholm, J. Shen, S. V. S. Nageswara Rao, S. K. Dixit, L. C. Feldman, A. G. Petukhov, M. Foygel, and H. H. Weitering, Phys. Rev. B 75, 201201(R) (2007).
17. D. Bougeard, N. Sircar, S. Ahlers, V. Lang, G. Abstreiter, A. Trampert, J. M. LeBeau, S. Stemmer, D. W. Saxey, and A. Cerezo, Nano Lett. 9, 3743 (2009).
Article metrics loading...
We have investigated the transport and magnetic properties of group-IV ferromagnetic semiconductor Ge 1-x Fe x films (x = 1.0 and 2.3%) with and without boron doping grown by molecular beam epitaxy (MBE). In order to accurately measure the transport properties of 100-nm-thick Ge 1-x Fe x films, (001)-oriented silicon-on-insulator (SOI) wafers with an ultra-thin Si body layer (∼5 nm) were used as substrates. Owing to the low Fe content, the hole concentration and mobility in the Ge 1-x Fe x films were exactly estimated by Hall measurements because the anomalous Hall effect in these films was found to be negligibly small. By boron doping, we increased the hole concentration in Ge 1-x Fe x from ∼1018 cm−3 to ∼1020 cm−3 (x = 1.0%) and to ∼1019 cm−3 (x = 2.3%), but no correlation was observed between the hole concentration and magnetic properties. This result presents a contrast to the hole-induced ferromagnetism in III-V ferromagnetic semiconductors.
Full text loading...
Most read this month