No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Laser induced non-thermal deposition of ultrathin graphite
3. T. Ihn, J. Güttinger, F. Molitor, S. Schnez, E. Schurtenberger, A. Jacobsen, S. Hellmüller, T. Frey, S. Dröscher, C. Stampfer, and K. Ensslin, Mater. Today 13, 44–50 (2010).
5. F. Schedin, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov, E. W. Hill, P. Blake, M. I. Katsnelson, and K. S. Novoselov, Nature Mater. 6, 652–655 (2007).
8. K. V. Emtsev, A. Bostwick, K. Horn, J. Jobst, G. L. Kellogg, L. Ley, J. L. McChesney, T. Ohta, S. A. Reshanov, J. Röhrl, E. Rotenberg, A. K. Schmid, D. Waldmann, H. B. Weber, and T. Seyller, Nature Mater. 8, 203–207 (2009).
9. K. S. Kim, Y. Zhao, H. Jang, S. Y. Lee, J. M. Kim, K. S. Kim, J.-H. Ahn, P. Kim, J.-Y. Choi, and B. H. Hong, Nature 457, 706–710 (2009).
12. M. Qian, Y. S. Zhou, Y. Gao, J. B. Park, T. Feng, S. M. Huang, Z. Sun, L. Jiang, and Y. F. Lu, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 173108 (2011).
14. C. R. Dean, A. F. Young, I. Meric, C. Lee, L. Wang, S. Sorgenfrei, K. Watanabe, T. Taniguchi, P. Kim, K. L. Shepard, and J. Hone, Nat. Nanotechnol. 5, 722–726 (2010).
Article metrics loading...
We present a laser induced ablation process to fabricate ultrathin graphitic flakes. By varying the fluence of the ablating pulsed fs-laser radiation, we identify distinct values for "thermal" evaporation and so-called "non-thermal" ablation of graphitic flakes. The presence of the non-thermal ablation is a direct consequence of the strong asymmetry of the bonding strength in normal and in-plane direction in layered materials, such as graphite. The experimentally extracted non-thermal ablation threshold for graphite of 250 mJ/cm2 agrees well with theoretical predictions. Finally, we deposited ultrathin graphitic flakes of 50 μm2 in size, which we characterize by Raman spectroscopy and scanning force microscopy.
Full text loading...
Most read this month