No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
444.9 nm semipolar laser diode grown on an intentionally stress relaxed InGaN waveguiding layer
4. A. Tyagi, F. Wu, E. C. Young, A. Chakraborty, H. Ohta, R. Bhat, K. Fujito, S. P. DenBaars, S. Nakamura, and J. S. Speck, Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 251905 (2009).
5. F. Wu, A. Tyagi, E. C. Young, A. E. Romanov, K. Fujito, S. P. DenBaars, S. Nakamura, and J. S. Speck, J. Appl. Phys. 109, 033505 (2011).
6. A. E. Romanov, E. C. Young, F. Wu, A. Tyagi, C. S. Galliant, S. Nakamura, S. P. DenBaars, and J. S. Speck, J. Appl. Phys. 109, 103522 (2011).
8.FIMMWAVE version 5.3.2, Photon Design, 2011.
9. J. W. Matthews and A. E. Blakeslee, J. Cryst. Growth 27, 118 (1974).
10. K. M. Kelchner, R. M. Farrell, Y. D. Lin, P. S. Hsu, M. T. Hardy, F. Wu, D. A. Cohen, H. Ohta, J. S. Speck, S. Nakamura et al., Appl. Phys. Express 3, 092103 (2010).
12. H. Sato, R. B. Chung, H. Hirasawa, N. Fellows, H. Masui, F. Wu, M. Saito, K. Fujito, J. S. Speck, S. P. DenBaars et al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 221110 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
We demonstrate an electrically injected semipolar laser diode(LD) grown on an intentionally stress relaxed n-In0.09Ga0.91N waveguiding layer. Detrimental effects of misfit dislocations (MDs) in the proximity of the active region were effectively suppressed by utilizing a p/n-Al0.2Ga0.8N electron/hole blocking layer between the dislocated heterointerfaces and the active region. The threshold current density of the LD was ∼20.3 kA/cm2 with a lasing wavelength of 444.9 nm. This LD demonstrates an alternative approach in semipolar AlInGaN LD waveguide design where the thickness and composition of the waveguiding and/or cladding layers are not limited by the critical thickness for MD formation.
Full text loading...
Most read this month