No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Coupling between quantum Hall state and electromechanics in suspended graphene resonator
7. C. A. Bolle, V. Aksyuk, F. Pardo, P. L. Gammel, E. Zeldov, E. Bucher, R. Boie, D. J. Bishop, and D. R. Nelson, Nature 399, 43 (1999).
8. J. P. Davis, D. Vick, P. Li, S. K. N. Portillo, A. E. Fraser, J. A. J. Burgess, D. C. Fortin, W. K. Hiebert, and M. R. Freeman, J. Appl. Phys. 109, 07D309 (2011).
14. K. S. Novoselov, A. K. Geim, S. V. Morozov, D. Jiang, M. I. Katsnelson, I. V. Grigorieva, S. V. Dubonos, and A. A. Firsov, Nature 438, 197 (2005).
17. C. Y. Chen, S. Rosenblatt, K. I. Bolotin, W. Kalb, P. Kim, I. Kymissis, H. L. Stormer, T. F. Heinz, and J. Hone, Nat. Nanotechnol. 4, 861 (2009).
19. A. M. van der Zande, R. A. Barton, J. S. Alden, C. S. Ruiz-Vargas, W. S. Whitney, P. H. Q. Pham, J. Park, J. M. Parpia, H. G. Craighead, and P. L. McEuen, Nano Lett. 10, 4869 (2010).
20. Y. Xu, C. Chen, V. V. Deshpande, F. A. DiRenno, A. Gondarenko, D. B. Heinz, S. Liu, P. Kim, and J. Hone, Appl. Phys. Lett. 97, 243111 (2010).
21. C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid-State Physics, 8th ed. (Wiley, 2005).
Article metrics loading...
Using grapheneresonator, we perform electromechanical measurements in quantum Hall regime to probe the coupling between a quantum Hall (QH) system and its mechanical motion. Mechanically perturbing the QH state through resonance modifies the DC resistance of the system and results in a Fano-lineshape due to electronic interference. Magnetization of the system modifies the resonator’s equilibrium position and effective stiffness leading to changes in resonant frequency. Our experiments show that there is an intimate coupling between the quantum Hall state and mechanics—electron transport is affected by physical motion and in turn the magnetization modifies the electromechanical response.
Full text loading...
Most read this month