No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Afterpulse-like noise limits dynamic range in time-gated applications of thin-junction silicon single-photon avalanche diode
2. S. Cova, M. Ghioni, F. Zappa, A. Gulinatti, I. Rech, and A. Tosi, in 2010 23rd Annual Meeting of the IEEE Photonics Society, Denver, CO, USA, (2010), pp. 177–178.
5. A. Pifferi, A. Torricelli, L. Spinelli, D. Contini, R. Cubeddu, F. Martelli, G. Zaccanti, A. Tosi, A. Dalla Mora, F. Zappa, and S. Cova, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 138101 (2008).
6. A. Dalla Mora, A. Tosi, F. Zappa, S. Cova, D. Contini, A. Pifferi, L. Spinelli, A. Torricelli, and R. Cubeddu, IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 16, 1023 (2010).
7. M. Mazurenka, A. Jelzow, H. Wabnitz, D. Contini, L. Spinelli, A. Pifferi, R. Cubeddu, A. Dalla Mora, A. Tosi, F. Zappa, and R. Macdonald, Opt. Express 20, 283 (2012).
8. E. Alerstam, T. Svensson, S. Andersson-Engels, L. Spinelli, D. Contini, A. Dalla Mora, A. Tosi, F. Zappa, and A. Pifferi, “Single-fiber diffuse optical time-of-flight spectroscopy,” Opt. Lett. (to be published).
9. A. Tosi, A. Dalla Mora, F. Zappa, A. Gulinatti, D. Contini, A. Pifferi, L. Spinelli, A. Torricelli, and R. Cubeddu, Opt. Express 19, 10735 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
We describe a source of noise in thin-junction siliconsingle-photon avalanche diode arising after strong illumination either during the ON (voltage above breakdown) or the OFF (voltage below breakdown) time. It increases the background noise with respect to primary dark count rate similarly to the afterpulsing process, but it is not related to a previous detector ignition. The amount of noise is linearly dependent on the power of light impinging on the detector and time constants are independent of the electric field. This phenomenon is the main limiting factor for the dynamic-range during time-gated measurements in condition of strong illumination.
Full text loading...
Most read this month