No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Non-destructive imaging of an individual protein
2. H. N. Chapman, S. Bajt, A. Barty, W. H. Benner, M. J. Bogan, M. Frank, S. P. Hau-Riege, R. A. London, S. Marchesini, E. Spiller et al., in Proceedings of FEL 2006, BESSY, Berlin, Germany (2006), p. 805.
3. M. Marvin Seibert, T. Ekeberg, F. R. N. C. Maia, M. Svenda, J. Andreasson, O. Jonsson, D. Odic, B. Iwan, A. Rocker, D. Westphal et al., Nature (London) 470(7332 ), 78 (2011).
9. H. W. Fink, in Electron Microscopy 1994: Interdisciplinary Developments and Tools, edited by B. Jouffrey and C. Colliex (1994), Vol. 1, p. 319.
13. D. M. Lawson, P. J. Artymiuk, S. J. Yewdall, J. M. A. Smith, J. Craig Livingstone, A. Treffry, A. Luzzago, S. Levi, P. Arosio, G. Cesareni et al., Nature (London) 349(6309 ), 541 (1991).
15. K. Jellinger, W. Paulus, I. Grundke-Iqbal, P. Riederer, and M. Youdim, J. Neural Transm.: Parkinson’s Dis. Dementia Sect. 2(4 ), 327 (1990).
17. T. Kawasaki, J. Endo, T. Matsuda, N. Osakabe, and A. Tonomura, J. Electron microsc. 35(3 ), 211 (1986).
18. H. Lichte and M. Lehmann, in Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics, edited by P. Georgio Merli, G. Calestani, P. W. Hawkes, and V.-A. Marco (Elsevier, 2002), Vol. 123, p. 225.
22. M. van Heel, B. Gowen, R. Matadeen, E. V. Orlova, R. Finn, T. Pape, D. Cohen, H. Stark, R. Schmidt, M. Schatz et al., Q. Rev. Biophys. 33(4 ), 307 (2000).
23. T. Latychevskaia
, J. N. Longchamp
, and H.-W. Fink
, e-print arXiv 1106.1320v1
Article metrics loading...
Imaging a single biomolecule at atomic resolution without averaging over different conformations is the ultimate goal in structural biology. We report recordings of a protein at nanometer resolution obtained from one individual ferritin by means of low-energy electron holography. One single protein could be imaged for an extended period of time without any sign of radiation damage. Since the fragile protein shell encloses a robust iron cluster, the holographicreconstructions could also be cross-validated against transmission electron microscopyimages of the very same molecule by imaging its iron core.
Full text loading...
Most read this month