No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Spin torque transistor revisited
4. K. Uchida, J. Xiao, H. Adachi, J. Ohe, S. Takahashi, J. Ieda, T. Ota, Y. Kajiwara, H. Umezawa, H. Kawai, G. E. W. Bauer, S. Maekawa, and E. Saitoh, Nature Mater. 9, 894 (2010).
5. Y. Kajiwara, K. Harii, S. Takahashi, J. Ohe, K. Uchida, M. Mizuguchi, H. Umezawa, H. Kawai, K. Ando, K. Takanashi, S. Maekawa, and E. Saitoh, Nature (London) 464, 262 (2010).
11. Y. Niimi, Y. Kawanishi, D. H. Wei, C. Deranlot, H. X. Yang, M. Chshiev, T. Valet, A. Fert, and Y. Otani, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 156602 (2012).
21. W. Han and R. K. Kawakami, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 047207 (2011);
21. M. H. D. Guimarães, A. Veligura, P. J. Zomer, T. Maassen, I. J. Vera-Marun, N. Tombros, and B. J. van Wees, Nano Lett. 12, 3512 (2012).
24. H. Nakayama, M. Althammer, Y.-T. Chen, K. Uchida, Y. Kajiwara, D. Kikuchi, T. Ohtani, S. Geprägs, M. Opel, S. Takahashi, R. Gross, G. E. W. Bauer, S. T. B. Goennenwein, and E. Saitoh, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 206601 (2013).
Article metrics loading...
We theoretically study the operation of a 4-terminal device consisting of two lateral thin-film spin valves that are coupled by a magnetic insulator such as yttrium iron garnet via the spin transfer torque. By magnetoelectronic circuit theory we calculate the current voltage characteristics and find negative differential resistance and differential gain in a large region of parameter space. We demonstrate that functionality is preserved when the control spin valve is replaced by a normal metal film with a large spin Hall angle.
Full text loading...
Most read this month