No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Solitonic Dirac fermion wave guide networks on topological insulator surfaces
1. R. Hammer and W. Pötz, “Staggered-grid leap-frog scheme for the (2 + 1)D Dirac equation,” Comput. Phys. Commun. (submitted).
5. Y. Xia, D. Qian, D. Hsieh, L. Wray, A. Pal, H. Lin, A. Bansil, D. Grauer, Y. S. Hor, R. J. Cava, and M. Z. Hasan, Nat. Phys. 5, 398 (2009).
7. Y. L. Chen, J. H. Chu, J. G. Analytis, Z. K. Liu, K. Igarashi, H. H. Kuo, X. L. Qi, S. K. Mo, R. G. Moore, D. H. Lu et al., Science 329, 659 (2010).
11. H. Peng, K. Lai, D. Kong, S. Meister, Y. Chen, X. L. Qi, S. C. Zhang, Z. X. Shen, and Y. Cui, Nature Mater. 9, 225 (2010).
13. L. D. Landau and E. Lifshitz, Phys. Z. Sowjetunion 8, 153 (1935).
18. S. Novikov, S. V. Manakov, L. P. Pitaevskii, and V. E. Zarkharov, Theory of Solitons (Consultants Bureau, New York, 1984).
21. A. Van Esch, L. Van Bockstal, J. De Boeck, G. Verbanck, A. S. van Steenbergen, P. J. Wellmann, B. Grietens, R. Bogaerts, F. Herlach, and G. Borghs, Phys. Rev. B 56, 13103 (1997).
Article metrics loading...
Magnetic texturing on the surface of a topological insulator allows the design of wave guide networks and beam splitters for domain-wall Dirac fermions. Guided by simple analytic arguments, we model a Dirac domain-wall fermion interferometer consisting of two parallel pathways imprinted by solitonic ferromagnetic texturing. A specially developed staggered-grid leap-frog discretization scheme in 2 + 1 dimensions with absorbing boundary conditions is employed to study the interferometer in an open device geometry. Its net transmission can be tuned from constructive to destructive interference, either by variation of the magnetization texture (effective path length) or an applied gate bias (wavelength). Possible ways to observe and utilize this effect are discussed.
Full text loading...
Most read this month