No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
12% magnetic field-induced strain in Ni-Mn-Ga-based non-modulated martensite
1. O. Söderberg, Y. Ge, A. Sozinov, S.-P. Hannula, and V. K. Lindroos, “ Giant magnetostrictive materials”, in Handbook of Magnetic Materails, edited by K. H. J. Buschow (Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2006), Vol. 16, pp. 1–39.
2. M. Acet, Ll. Mañosa, and A. Planes, “ Magnetic-field induced effects in martensitic Heusler-based magnetic shape memory alloys,” in Handbook of Magnetic Materials, edited by K. H. J. Buschow (Elsevier Science, Amsterdam, 2011), Vol. 19, pp. 231–289.
19. S. Kaufmann, R. Niemann, T. Thersleff, U. K. Rößler, O. Heczko, J. Buschbeck, B. Holzapfel, L. Schultz, and S. Fähler, New J. Phys. 13, 053029 (2011).
20. D. E. Soto-Parra, X. Moya, L. Manosa, A. Planes, H. Flores-Zuniga, F. Alvarado-Hernandez, R. A. Ochoa-Gamboa, J. A. Matutes-Aquino, and D. Rios-Jara, Philos. Mag. 90, 2771 (2010).
25. L. Straka, A. Soroka, and A. Sozinov, Actuator 2010 (WFB Wirtschaftsförderung Bremen GmbH, Division Messe Bremen, Germany, 2010), p. 727 (ISBN 978-3-933339-12-6).
27. L. Straka, “ Magnetic and magneto-mechanical properties of Ni–Mn–Ga magnetic shape memory alloys,” Ph.D. dissertation (Helsinki University of Technology, 2007).
Article metrics loading...
Magnetic field-induced strain (MFIS) of 12% is reported in ferromagnetic Ni 46Mn24Ga22Co4 Cu 4 martensite exhibiting non-modulated (NM) tetragonal crystal structure with lattice parameter ratio . The strain was measured at ambient temperature in a magnetic field of the order of 1 T. The twinning stress and the magnetic stress were also measured and the condition for a giant MFIS observation was confirmed. The MFIS was achieved in NM Ni 46Mn24Ga22Co4 Cu 4 martensite by considerable lowering of the value as compared to the values for NM martensites in ternary Ni-Mn-Ga system.
Full text loading...
Most read this month