No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Spectral dispersion of ultrafast optical limiting in Coumarin-120 by white-light continuum Z-scan
5. S.-J. Chung, S. Zheng, T. Odani, L. Beverina, J. Fu, L. A. Padilha, A. Biesso, J. M. Hales, X. Zhan, K. Schmidt, A. Ye, E. Zojer, S. Barlow, D. J. Hagan, E. W. Van Stryland, Y. Yi, Z. Shuai, G. A. Pagani, J.-L. Brèdas, J. W. Perry, and S. R. Marder, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128, 14444 (2006).
10. R. R. Alfano, The Supercontinuum Laser Source (Springer-Verlag, New York, 1989).
13. F. P. Schäfer, Dye Lasers (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1990).
14. C. Serbutoviez, C. Bosshard, G. Knopfle, P. Wyss, P. Pretre, P. Gunter, K. Schenk, E. Solari, and G. Chapuis, Chem. Mater. 7, 1198 (1995).
16. A. E. Siegman, Lasers (University Science Books, 1986).
18. R. L. Sutherland, Handbook of Nonlinear Optics (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1996).
19. D. P. Craig and T. Thirunamachandran, Molecular Quantum Electrodynamics—An Introduction to Radiation-Molecule Interaction (Dover Publications, Mineola, New York, 1998).
22. V. S. Muthukumar, R. Podila, B. Anand, S. S. S. Sai, K. Venkataramaniah, R. Philip, and A. M. Rao, Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology (Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 2013).
Article metrics loading...
Measurement of the wavelength dispersion of optical limiting in materials can provide invaluable information useful for laser safety device applications. However, it can be a tedious task when conventional tunable laser sources like the optical parametric amplifier are employed for excitation. Here we report the spectral dispersion of ultrafast optical limiting in the laser dye Coumarin-120 in the wavelength region 630 to 900 nm, measured in a single Z-scan, using the white-light continuum as the excitation source. Optical limiting is found to arise from two-photon absorption, and its spectrum agrees very well in shape with the linear absorption spectrum.
Full text loading...
Most read this month