No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Improving light-emitting electrochemical cells with ionic additives
13. J. D. Slinker, J. Rivnay, J. S. Moskowitz, J. B. Parker, S. Bernhard, H. D. Abruna, and G. G. Malliaras, J. Mater. Chem. 17, 2976 (2007).
21. H. J. Bolink, E. Coronado, R. D. Costa, E. Orti, M. Sessolo, S. Graber, K. Doyle, M. Neuburger, C. E. Housecroft, and E. C. Constable, Adv. Mater. 20, 3910 (2008).
24. J. D. Slinker, J. Rivnay, J. A. DeFranco, D. A. Bernards, A. A. Gorodetsky, S. T. Parker, M. P. Cox, R. Rohl, G. G. Malliaras, S. Flores-Torres, and H. D. Abruna, J. Appl. Phys. 99, 074502 (2006).
25. J. M. Moran-Mirabal, J. D. Slinker, J. A. DeFranco, S. S. Verbridge, R. Ilic, S. Flores-Torres, H. D. Abruña, G. G. Malliaras, and H. G. Craighead, Nano Lett. 7, 458 (2007).
36. J. R. Brodrick, Solid-State Lighting Research and Development: Multi-Year Program Plan, U. S. Department of Energy, Washington, DC, 2012), 9th Report, p. 33.
38. D. R. Blasini, J. Rivnay, D.-M. Smilgies, J. D. Slinker, S. Flores-Torres, H. D. Abruña, and G. G. Malliaras, J. Mater. Chem. 17, 1458 (2007).
40. J. D. Slinker, J. A. DeFranco, M. J. Jaquith, W. R. Silveira, Y. W. Zhong, J. M. Moran-Mirabal, H. G. Craighead, H. D. Abruña, J. A. Marohn, and G. G. Malliaras, Nature Mater. 6, 894 (2007).
Article metrics loading...
Light-emitting electrochemical cells with ionic transition metal complexes (iTMCs) comprising the active layer have great potential for lighting applications, but to date high luminance and fast turn on times have been challenging to attain without significant loss of lifetime. Here, we demonstrate iridium iTMC devices with high luminances of 3000–5000 cd/m2, reduced turn on times, and long lifetimes through incorporation of ionic additives. Furthermore, we show additional reduction of turn on time to seconds through heat processing. We rationalize these results as the enhancement of carrier injection through improved double-layer formation at the electrodes.
Full text loading...
Most read this month