No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Critical dimension metrology by through-focus scanning optical microscopy beyond the 22 nm node
1. M. Ieong, K. W. Guarini, V. Chan, K. Bernstein, R. Joshi, J. Kedzierski, and W. Haensch, in Proceedings of the IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (2003), pp. 207–213.
2. A. W. Topol, D. C. La Tulipe, Jr., L. Shi, D. J. Frank, K. Bernstein, S. E. Steen, A. Kumar, G. U. Singco, A. M. Young, K. W. Guarini et al., IBM J. Res. Dev. 50(4/5), 491 (2006).
3. A. Arceo, B. Bunday, A. Corde, and V. Vartanian, Solid State Technology 55(2) (2012).
4. The International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS) (Semiconductor Industry Association, San Jose, 2011).
5. B. Doyle, B. Boyanov, S. Datta, M. Doczy, S. Hareland, B. Jin, J. Kavalieros, T. Linton, R. Rios, and R. Chau, Dig. Tech. Pap. - Symp. VLSI Technol. 2003, 133–134.
8. A. De Martino, T. Novikova, C. Arnold, S. Ben Hatit, and B. Drevillon, Proc. SPIE 6152, 615253 (2006).
9. A. De Martino, M. Foldyna, T. Novikova, D. Cattelan, P. Barritault, C. Licitra, J. Hazart, J. Foucher, and F. Bogeat, Proc. SPIE 6922, 69221P (2008).
12. C. Wang, K-W. Choi, Y-C. Chen, J. Price, D. L. Ho, R. L. Jones, C. Soles, E. K. Lin, W-L. Wu, and B. D. Bunday, Proc. SPIE 7272, 72722M (2009).
15. R. Attota, R. G. Dixson, J. A. Kramar, J. E. Potzick, A. E. Vladar, B. Bunday, E. Novak, and A. Rudack, Proc. SPIE 7971, 79710T (2011).
Article metrics loading...
We present results using simulations and experiments to demonstrate metrological applications of the through-focus scanning optical microscopy (TSOM) down to features at and well below the International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors' 22 nm node. The TSOM method shows the ability to detect sub-nanometer, three-dimensional shape variations such as line height, sidewall angle, width, and pitch in fins of fin-shaped field effect transistor structures using conventional optical microscopes. In addition, the method requires targets substantially smaller than the conventional target size. These results provide insight into the applicability of TSOM for economical critical dimension and yield enhancement metrology.
Full text loading...
Most read this month