No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Bandgap tuning in highly c-axis oriented Zn1−x
O thin films
1. U. Ozgur, Ya. I. Alivov, C. Liu, A. Teke, M. A. Reshchikov, S. Dogan, V. Avrutin, S. J. Cho, and H. Morkoc, J. Appl. Phys. 98, 041301 (2005).
13. P. Blaha, K. Schwarz, G. K. H. Madsen, D. Kvasnicka, and J. Luitz, WIEN2k, An Augmented Plane Wave + Local Orbitals Program for Calculating Crystal Properties (Karlheinz Schwarz, Techn. Universität Wien, Austria, 2001).
20. P. Kumar, Y. Kumar, H. K. Malik, S. Annapoorni, S. Gautam, K. H. Chae, and K. Asokan, “Possibility of room-temperature multiferroism in Mg-doped ZnO” Appl. Phys. A DOI:10.1007/s00339-013-7664-9 (published online).
21. B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray Diffraction (Addison-Wesley 1978), p. 284.
25. A. Ohtomo, M. Kawasaki, T. Koida, K. Masubuchi, H. Koinuma, Y. Sakurai, Y. Yoshida, T. Yasuda, and Y. Segawa, Appl. Phys. Lett. 72, 2466 (1998).
35. Y. F. Li, B. Yao, Y. M. Lu, Y. Q. Gai, C. X. Cong, Z. Z. Zhang, D. X. Zhao, J. Y. Zhang, B. H. Li, D. Z. Shen, X. W. Fan, and Z. K. Tang, J. Appl. Phys. 104, 083516 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
We propose Mg doping in zinc oxide (ZnO) films for realizing wider optical bandgap in highly c-axis oriented Zn 1−x Mg xO (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.3) thin films. A remarkable enhancement of 25% in the bandgap by 30% Mg doping was achieved. The bandgap was tuned between 3.25 eV (ZnO) and 4.06 eV (Zn 0.7 Mg 0.3O), which was further confirmed by density functional theory based WIEN2K simulation employing a combined generalized gradient approximation with scissor corrections. The change of stress and crystallite size in these films were found to be the causes for the observed blueshift in the bandgap.
Full text loading...
Most read this month