No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Relationship between the cell thickness and the optimum period of textured back reflectors in thin-film microcrystalline silicon solar cells
1. J. Meier, S. Dubail, R. Platz, P. Torres, U. Kroll, J. A. Anna Selvan, N. Pellaton Vaucher, Ch. Hof, D. Fischer, H. Keppner, R. Flückiger, A. Shah, V. Shklover, and K.-D. Ufert, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 49, 35 (1997).
3. M. Kambe, A. Takahashi, N. Taneda, K. Masumo, T. Oyama, and K. Sato, in Proceedings of 33rd IEEE Photovoltaics Specialist Conference, San Diego, 2008, pp. 609–613.
5. M. Despeisse, C. Battaglia, M. Boccard, G. Bugnon, M. Charrière, P. Cuony, S. Hänni, L. Löfgren, F. Meillaud, G. Parascandolo, T. Söderström, and C. Ballif, Phys. Status Solidi A 208, 1863 (2011).
9. C. Battaglia, C.-M. Hsu, K. Söderström, J. Escarre, F.-J. Haug, M. Charrière, M. Boccard, M. Despeisse, D. T. L. Alexander, M. Cantoni, Y. Cui, and C. Ballif, ACS Nano 6, 2790 (2012).
13. M. Vanecek, O. Babchenko, A. Purkrt, J. Holovsky, N. Neykova, A. Poruba, Z. Remes, J. Meier, and U. Kroll, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 163503 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
Periodically textured back reflectors with hexagonal dimple arrays are applied to thin-film microcrystalline silicon (μc-Si:H) solar cells. When the textures have a moderate aspect ratio, the optimum period for obtaining a high short circuit current density (JSC ) is found to be equal to or slightly larger than the cell thickness. If the cell thickness exceeds the texture period, the cell surface tends to be flattened and texture-induced defects are generated, which constrain the improvement in JSC . Based on these findings, we have fabricated optimized μc-Si:H cells achieving a high efficiency exceeding 10% and a JSC of 30 mA/cm2.
Full text loading...
Most read this month