No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Real-time dynamic hologram in photorefractive ferroelectric liquid crystal with two-beam coupling gain coefficient of over 800 cm–1
and response time of 8 ms
1. L. Solymar, J. D. Webb, and A. Grunnet-Jepsen, The Physics and Applications of Photorefractive Materials (Oxford, New York, 1996).
2. P. Yeh, Introduction to Photorefractive Nonlinear Optics (John Wiley, New York, 1993).
4. B. Kippelen and N. Peyghambarian, Advances in Polymer Science, Polymers for Photonics Applications II (Springer, 2002), pp. 87–156.
7. S. Tay, P. A. Blanche, R. Voorakaranam, A. V. Tunc, W. Lin, S. Rokutanda, T. Gu, D. Flores, P. Wang, G. Li, P. Hilarie, J. Thomas, R. A. Norwood, M. Yamamoto, and N. Peyghambarian, Nature 451, 694–698 (2008).
8. P. A. Blanche, A. Bablumian, R. Voorakaranam, C. Christenson, W. Lin, T. Gu, D. Flores, P. Wang, W. Y. Hsieh, M. Kathaperumal, B. Rachwal, O. Siddiqui, J. Thomas, R. A. Norwood, M. Yamamoto, and N. Peyghambarian, Nature 468, 80–83 (2010).
15. N. Koukourakis, T. Abdelwahab, M. Y. Li, H. Höpfner, Y. W. Lai, E. Darakis, C. Brenner, N. C. Gerhardt, and M. R. Hofmann, Opt. Express 19, 22004–22023 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
The photorefractive effect in photoconductive ferroelectric liquid crystals (FLCs) that contain photoconductive chiral compounds was investigated. Terthiophene compounds with chiral structure were chosen as the photoconductive chiral compounds and mixed with an achiral smectic C liquid crystal. The mixture exhibited the ferroelectric chiral smectic C phase and photoconductivity. The photorefractivity of the mixture was investigated by two-beam coupling experiment. It was found that the FLC containing the photoconductive chiral compound exhibits a large gain coefficient of over 800 cm−1 and a fast response time of 8 ms. The high photorefractive performance was considered to be due to enhanced charge mobility.
Full text loading...
Most read this month