No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Lasing in nanoimprinted two-dimensional photonic crystal band-edge lasers
1. T. Rabe, M. Hoping, D. Schneider, E. Becker, H. H. Johannes, W. Kowalsky, T. Weimann, J. Wang, P. Hinze, B. S. Nehls, U. Scherf, T. Farrell, and T. Riedl, Adv. Funct. Mater. 15, 1188 (2005).
12. A. Genua, J. A. Alduncín, J. A. Pomposo, H. Grande, N. Kehagias, V. Reboud, C. M. Sotomayor, I. Mondragon, and D. Mecerreyes, Nanotechnology 18, 215301 (2007).
13. V. Reboud, A. Z. Khokhar, B. Sepúlveda, D. Dudek, T. Kehoe, J. Cuffe, N. Kehagias, M. Lira-Cantu, N. Gadegaard, V. Grasso, V. Lambertini and C. M. Sotomayor Torres, Nanoscale 4, 3495–3500 (2012).
18. V. Reboud, P. Lovera, N. Kehagias, M. Zelsmann, C. Schuster, F. Reuther, G. Gruetzner, G. Redmond, and C. M. Sotomayor Torres, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 151101 (2007).
19. V. Reboud, N. Kehagias, M. Striccoli, T. Placido, A. Panniello, M. L. Curri, M. Zelsmann, F. Reuther, G. Gruetzner, and C. M. Sotomayor Torres, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 25, 2642–2644 (2007).
20. N. Kehagias, V. Reboud, G. Chansin, M. Zelsmann, C. Jeppesen, F. Reuther, C. Schuster, M. Kubenz, G. Gruetzner, and C. M. Sotomayor Torres, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 24, 3002–3005 (2006).
Article metrics loading...
We demonstrate optically pumped polymer band-edge lasers based on a two-dimensional photonic crystal slab fabricated by nanoimprint lithography (NIL). Lasing was obtained at the photonic band-edge, where the light exhibits a low group velocity at the Γ point of the triangular lattice photonic crystal band structure. The active medium was composed of a dye chromophore-loaded polymer matrix directly patterned in a single step by nanoimprint lithography. Plane-wave and finite difference time domain algorithms were used to predict experimental lasing frequencies and the lasing thresholds obtained at different Γ points. A low laser threshold of 3 μJ/mm2 was achieved in a defect-free photonic crystal thus showing the suitability of nanoimprint lithography to produce cost-efficient optically pumped lasers.
Full text loading...
Most read this month