No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Triplet diffusion in singlet exciton fission sensitized pentacene solar cells
10. D. N. Congreve, J. Lee, N. J. Thompson, E. Hontz, S. R. Yost, P. D. Reusswig, M. E. Bahlke, S. Reineke, T. Voorhis, and M. A. Baldo, Science 340, 334 (2013).
13. S. Yoo, W. J. Potscavage, Jr., B. Domercq, S.-H. Han, T.-D. Li, S. C. Jones, R. Szoszkiewicz, D. Levi, E. Riedo, S. R. Marder, and B. Kippelen, Solid-State Electron. 51, 1367 (2007).
15. Z. Knittl, Optics of Thin Films (Wiley, London, 1976).
17. H. Wang, H.-Y. Wang, B.-R. Gao, L. Wang, Z.-Y. Yang, X.-B. Du, Q.-D. Chen, J.-F. Song, and H.-B. Sun, Nanoscale 3, 2280 (2011).
24. R. Ruiz, A. C. Mayer, G. G. Malliaras, B. Nickel, G. Scoles, A. Kazimirov, H. Kim, R. L. Headrick, and Z. Islam, Appl. Phys. Lett. 85, 4926 (2004).
25. P. J. Jadhav, P. R. Brown, N. Thompson, B. Wunsch, A. Mohanty, S. R. Yost, E. Hontz, T. Van Voorhis, M. G. Bawendi, V. Bulovic, and M. A. Baldo, Adv. Mater. 24, 6169 (2012).
Article metrics loading...
Singlet fission sensitized photovoltaics have the potential to surpass the Shockley-Queisser limit for a single-junction structure. We investigate the dynamics of triplet excitons resulting from singlet fission in pentacene and their ionization at a C60 heterojunction. We model the generation and diffusion of excitons to predict the spectral response. We find the triplet diffusion length in polycrystalline pentacene to be 40 nm. Poly(3-hexylthiophene) between the electrode and pentacene works both to confine triplet excitons and also to transfer photogenerated singlet excitons into pentacene with 30% efficiency. The lower bound for the singlet fission quantum efficiency in pentacene is 180 ± 15%.
Full text loading...
Most read this month