No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Terahertz imaging of sub-wavelength particles with Zenneck surface waves
1. C. A. Balanis, Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design, 3rd ed. (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, 2005).
5. C. F. Bohren and D. R. Huffman, Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1998).
14. M. A. Seo, H. R. Park, S. M. Koo, D. J. Park, J. H. Kang, O. K. Suwal, S. S. Choi, P. C. M. Planken, G. S. Park, N. K. Park, Q. H. Park, and D. S. Kim, Nature Photon. 3, 152 (2009).
21. H. Němec, C. Kadlec, F. Kadlec, P. Kužel, R. Yahiaoui, U.-C. Chung, C. Elissalde, M. Maglione, and P. Mounaix, Appl. Phys. Lett. 100, 061117 (2012).
23. O. Mitrofanov, M. Lee, J. W. P. Hsu, I. Brener, R. Harel, J. F. Federici, J. D. Wynn, L. N. Pfeiffer, and K. W. West, IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 7, 600 (2001).
Article metrics loading...
Impact of sub-wavelength-size dielectric particles on Zenneck surface waves on planar metallic antennas is investigated at terahertz (THz) frequencies with THz near-field probe microscopy. Perturbations of the surface waves show the particle presence, despite its sub-wavelength size. The experimental configuration, which utilizes excitation of surface waves at metallic edges, is suitable for THz imaging of dielectric sub-wavelength size objects. As a proof of concept, the effects of a small strontium titanate rectangular particle and a titanium dioxide sphere on the surface field of a bow-tie antenna are experimentally detected and verified using full-wave simulations.
Full text loading...
Most read this month