No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Coupling mid-infrared light from a photonic crystal waveguide to metallic transmission lines
4. J. Eid, A. Fehr, J. Gray, K. Luong, J. Lyle, G. Otto, P. Peluso, D. Rank, and P. Baybayan, Science 323, 133–138 (2009).
6. A. Quandt, M. Ferrari, and G. C. Righini, in New Trends in Nanotechnology and Fractional Calculus Applications (Springer, New York, 2010), pp. 25–41.
12. S. Maier, Plasmonics: Fundamentals and Applications (Springer, 2007).
13. S. A. Maier, P. G. Kik, H. A. Atwater, S. Meltzer, E. Harel, B. E. Koel, and A. A. G. Requicha, Nature Mater. 2, 229–232 (2003).
24. C. Delacour, S. Blaize, P. Grosse, J. M. Fedeli, A. Bruyant, R. Salas-Montiel, G. Lerondel, and A. Chelnokov, Nano Lett. 10, 2922–2926 (2010).
27. A. Bousseksou, A. Babuty, J.-P. Tetienne, I. Moldovan-Doyen, R. Braive, G. Beaudoin, I. Sagnes, Y. De Wilde, and R. Colombelli, Opt. Express 20, 13738–13747 (2012).
40. E. D. Palik, Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids (Academic Press, 1998).
Article metrics loading...
We propose and theoretically study a hybrid structure consisting of a photonic crystal waveguide (PhC-wg) and a two-wire metallic transmission line (TL), engineered for efficient transfer of mid-infrared (mid-IR) light between them. An efficiency of 32% is obtained for the coupling from the transverse magnetic (TM) photonic mode to the symmetric mode of the TL, with a predicted intensity enhancement factor of 53 at the transmission line surface. The strong coupling is explained by the small phase velocity mismatch and sufficient spatial overlapping between the modes. This hybrid structure could find applications in highly integrated mid-IR photonic-plasmonic devices for biological and gas sensing, among others.
Full text loading...
Most read this month