No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Hypersonic phonon propagation in one-dimensional surface phononic crystal
6. J. Cuffe, E. Chvez, A. Shchepetov, P.-O. Chapuis, E. H. El Boudouti, F. Alzina, T. Kehoe, J. Gomis-Bresco, D. Dudek, Y. Pennec, B. Djafari-Rouhani, M. Prunnila, J. Ahopelto, and C. M. Sotomayor Torres, Nano Lett. 12, 3569 (2012).
21. S. Lee, L. Giovannini, J. R. Dutcher, F. Nizzoli, G. I. Stegeman, A. M. Marvin, Z. Wang, J. D. Ross, A. Amoddeo, and L. S. Caputi, Phys. Rev. B 49, 2273 (1994).
22. L. D. Landau and E. M. Lifshitz, Theory of Elasticity (Pergamon Press, New York, USA, 1959).
24. J. Sandercock, “ Light scattering in solids III,” in Topics in Applied Physics, edited by M. Cardona and G. Gntherodt (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1982), Vol. 51, pp. 173–206.
26. I. A. Viktorov, Rayleigh and Lamb Waves: Physical Theory and Applications (Plenum Press, New York, 1967).
27. G. W. Farnell, “ Properties of elastic surface waves,” in Physical Acoustics (Academic Press, New York, 1970), Vol. 6, pp. 109–166.
Article metrics loading...
Hypersonic, thermally activated surface acoustic waves propagating in the surface of crystalline silicon patterned with periodic stripes were studied by Brillouin light scattering. Two characteristic directions (normal and parallel to the stripes) of surface acoustic waves propagation were examined exhibiting a distinctive propagation behavior. The measured phononic band structure exhibits diverse features, such as zone folding, band gap opening, and hybridization to local resonance for waves propagating normal to the stripes, and a variety of dispersive modes propagating along the stripes. Experimental results were supported by theoretical calculations performed using finite element method.
Full text loading...
Most read this month