No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Excess noise in GaAs and AlGaAs avalanche photodiodes with GaSb absorption regions—composite structures grown using interfacial misfit arrays
5. Y. L. Goh, D. S. G. Ong, S. Zhang, J. S. Ng, C. H. Tan, and J. P. R. David, IEEE Lasers and Electro-Optics Society, LEOS Annual Meeting Conference Proceedings 2009, 4–8 October 2009 (IEEE, 2009), pp. 293–294.
6. E. K. Duerr, M. J. Manfra, M. A. Diagne, R. J. Bailey, J. P. Donnelly, M. K. Connors, and G. W. Turner, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 231115 (2007).
10. M. Mehta, G. Balakrishnan, S. Huang, A. Khoshakhlagh, A. Jallipalli, P. Patel, M. N. Kutty, L. R. Dawson, and D. L. Huffaker, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 211110 (2006).
12. K. C. Nunna, S. L. Tan, C. J. Reyner, A. R. J. Marshall, B. Liang, A. Jallipalli, J. P. R. David, and D. L. Huffaker, IEEE Photonics Technol. Lett. 24, 218 (2012).
13. A. Jallipalli, K. Nunna, M. N. Kutty, G. Balakrishnan, G. B. Lush, L. R. Dawson, and D. L. Huffaker, Appl. Phys. Lett. 95, 072109 (2009).
15. G. E. Stillman and C. M. Wolfe, “ Avalanche photodiodes,” in Infrared Detectors II, Semiconductors and Semimetals Vol 12, edited by R. K. Willardson and A. C. Beer (Academic Press, New York, 1977), pp. 291–393.
20. K. F. Li, D. S. Ong, J. P. R. David, G. J. Rees, R. C. Tozer, P. N. Robson, and R. Grey, IEEE Trans. Electron. Devices 45(10 ), 2102 (1998).
Article metrics loading...
Interfacial misfit arrays were embedded within two avalanche photodiode (APD) structures. This allowed GaSb absorption layers to be combined with wide-bandgap multiplication regions, consisting of GaAs and Al0.8Ga0.2As, respectively. The GaAs APD represents the simplest case. The Al0.8Ga0.2As APD shows reduced dark currents of 5.07 μAcm−2 at 90% of the breakdown voltage, and values for effective below 0.2. Random-path-length modeled excess noise is compared with experimental data, for both samples. The designs could be developed further, allowing operation to be extended to longer wavelengths, using other established absorber materials which are lattice matched to GaSb.
Full text loading...
Most read this month