No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Imaging of buried phosphorus nanostructures in silicon using scanning tunneling microscopy
4. J. L. O'Brien, S. R. Schofield, M. Y. Simmons, R. G. Clark, A. S. Dzurak, N. J. Curson, B. E. Kane, N. S. McAlpine, M. E. Hawley, and G. W. Brown, Phys. Rev. B 64, 161401(R) (2001).
6. B. Weber, S. Mahapatra, H. Ryu, S. Lee, A. Fuhrer, T. C. G. Reusch, D. L. Thompson, W. C. T. Lee, G. Klimeck, L. C. L. Hollenberg, and M. Y. Simmons, Science 335, 64 (2012).
7. M. Fuechsle, J. A. Miwa, S. Mahapatra, H. Ryu, S. Lee, O. Warschkow, L. C. L. Hollenberg, G. Klimeck, and M. Y. Simmons, Nat. Nanotechnol. 7, 242 (2012).
18. F. J. Rueß, L. Oberbeck, M. Y. Simmons, K. E. J. Goh, A. R. Hamilton, T. Hallam, S. R. Schofield, N. J. Curson, and R. G. Clark, Nano Lett. 4, 1969 (2004).
20. T. Hallam, F. J. Rueß, N. J. Curson, K. E. J. Goh, L. Oberbeck, M. Y. Simmons, and R. G. Clark, Appl. Phys. Lett. 86, 143116 (2005).
21. J. C. Chen, Introduction to Scanning Tunneling Microscopy ( Oxford University Press, 1993).
22.The experimental component of this work was performed in the Centre for Quantum Computer Technology, the forerunner to the CQC2T, of whom M. Y. Simmons is currently the Director.
24. M. Fuechsle and M. Y. Simmons, in Single-Atom Nanoelectronics, edited by E. Prati and T. Shinada ( Pan Stanford Publishing, Singapore, 2013), pp. 61–89.
Article metrics loading...
We demonstrate the locating and imaging of single phosphorus atoms and phosphorus dopant nanostructures, buried beneath the Si(001) surface using scanning tunneling microscopy. The buried dopant nanostructures have been fabricated in a bottom-up approach using scanning tunneling microscope lithography on Si(001). We find that current imaging tunneling spectroscopy is suited to locate and image buried nanostructures at room temperature and with residual surface roughness present. From these studies, we can place an upper limit on the lateral diffusion during encapsulation with low-temperature Si molecular beam epitaxy.
Full text loading...
Most read this month