No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Low-loss latching microwave switch using thermally pulsed non-volatile chalcogenide phase change materials
2. T. Ohta, J. Optoelectron. Adv. Mater. 3(3), 609–626 (2001).
4. G. W. Burr, M. J. Breitwisch, M. Franceschini, D. Garetto, K. Gopalakrishnan, B. Jackson, B. Kurdi, C. Lam, L. A. Lastras, A. Padilla, B. Rajendran, S. Raoux, and R. Shenoy, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 28(2), 223–262 (2010).
9. R. R. Helkes, R. C. Miller, and R. W. Ure, Jr., in Thermoelectricity-Science and Engineering, edited by R. C. Miller ( Interscience, NY, 1961) Chap. XIII.
11. E. K. Chua, L. P. Shi, R. Zhao, K. G. Lim, T. C. Chong, T. E. Schlesinger, and J. A. Bain, Appl. Phys. Lett. 97(18), 183506 (2010).
14. H. Lo, E. Chua, J. C. Huang, C. C. Tan, C.-Y. Wen, R. Zhao, L. Shi, C. T. Chong, J. Paramesh, T. E. Schlesinger, and J. A. Bain, IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 57(1), 312–320 (2010).
15. Y. Shim, G. Hummel, and M. Rais-Zadeh, IEEE 26th International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) ( IEEE, 2013), pp.237–240.
16. K. N. Chen, K. N. Chen, L. Krusin-Elbaum, D. M. Newns, B. G. Elmegreen, R. Cheek, N. Rana, A. M. Young, S. J. Koester, and C. Lam, IEEE Electron Device Lett. 29(1), 131–133 (2008).
17. N. El-Hinnawy, P. Borodulin, B. Wagner, M. R. King, J. S. Mason, Jr., E. B. Jones, S. McLaughlin, V. Veliadis, M. Snook, M. E. Sherwin, R. S. Howell, R. M. Young, and M. J. Lee, IEEE Electron Device Lett. 34(10), 1313–1315 (2013).
19. M. Hansen and K. Anderko, Constitution of Binary Alloys, 2nd ed. ( Genium Publishing Company, Schenectady, NY, 1985) pp. 544 and 776–777.
26. Fabricated to a Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems design by a commercial GaAs foundry.
27. M. Parlak and J. F. Buckwalter, IEEE Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium ( IEEE, 2011), pp.1–4.
28. SPDT, High Power, RF-MEMS Switch, DC to 40 GHz, RMSW220HP Product Datasheet, Radant MEMS.
29. T. Boles, J. Brogle, D. Hoag, and D. Curcio, IEEE International Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas and Electronics Systems (COMCAS) ( IEEE, 2011), pp.1–5.
Article metrics loading...
A high performance RF (radio-frequency) switch based on the phase change effect in germanium-telluride (GeTe) is described. Thermal pulses applied to a separate independent thin film heating element for 0.1–1.5 μs toggles the switch in a latching fashion. Being non-volatile, no power is required to hold the switch in the on- or off-state. State-of-the-art solid-state RF switches currently in use have an on-state loss of 1 dB; here, we demonstrate an inline phase change switch with a low on-state resistance showing over a frequency range of 0-40 GHz an insertion loss of just 0.1–0.24 dB.
Full text loading...
Most read this month