No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Metallic stereostructured layer: An approach for broadband polarization state manipulation
1. M. Born and E. Wolf, Principles of Optics, 7th ed. ( Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1999).
2. W. M. Haynes, D. R. Lide, and T. J. Bruno, CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 95th ed. ( CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, 2014).
3. R. G. Hunsperger, Integrated Optics: Theory and Technology, 6th ed. ( Springer, New York, 2009).
4. M. J. Weber, Handbook of Optical Materials ( CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, 2002).
5. N. K. Grady, J. E. Heyes, D. R. Chowdhury, Y. Zeng, M. T. Reiten, A. K. Azad, A. J. Taylor, D. A. R. Dalvit, and H. T. Chen, Science 340, 1304 (2013).
6. J. K. Gansel, M. Thiel, M. S. Rill, M. Decker, K. Bade, V. Saile, G. von Freymann, S. Linden, and M. Wegener, Science 325, 1513 (2009).
7. S. C. Jiang, X. Xiong, P. Sarriugarte, S. W. Jiang, X. B. Yin, Y. Wang, R. W. Peng, D. Wu, R. Hillenbrand, X. Zhang, and M. Wang, Phys. Rev. B 88, 161104(R) (2013).
13. X. Xiong, W. H. Sun, Y. J. Bao, M. Wang, R. W. Peng, C. Sun, X. Lu, J. Shao, Z. F. Li, and N. B. Ming, Phys. Rev. B 81, 075119 (2010).
22. N. H. Shen, M. Massaouti, M. Gokkavas, J. M. Manceau, E. Ozbay, M. Kafesaki, T. Koschny, S. Tzortzakis, and C. M. Soukoulis, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 037403 (2011).
Article metrics loading...
In this letter, we report a full-metallic broadband wave plate assembled by standing metallic L-shaped stereostructures (LSSs). We show that with an array of LSSs, high polarization conversion ratio is achieved within a broad frequency band. Moreover, by rotating the orientation of the array of LSSs, the electric components of the reflection beam in two orthogonal directions and their phase difference can be independently tuned. In this way, all the polarization states on the Poincaré sphere can be realized. As examples, the functionalities of a quarter wave plate and a half wave plate are experimentally demonstrated with both reflection spectra and focal-plane-array imaging. Our designing provides a unique approach in realizing the broadband wave plate to manipulate the polarization state of light.
Full text loading...
Most read this month