No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Relation between the electroforming voltage in alkali halide-polymer diodes and the bandgap of the alkali halide
9. P. J. Kuekes, N. J. Quitoriano, and J. Yang, Int. Pat. Appl. WO2010085225-A1.
10. F. Verbakel, S. C. J. Meskers, R. A. J. Janssen, H. L. Gomes, M. Cölle, M. Büchel, and D. M. de Leeuw, Appl. Phys. Lett. 91, 192103 (2007).
11. W. B. Fowler, The Physics of Color Centers ( Academic Press, 1968).
16. K. S. Song and R. T. Williams, Self Trapped Excitons, 2nd ed. ( Springer Verlag, 1996).
19. B. F. Bory, Ph.D. thesis, Eindhoven University of Technology, 2014.
22. I. Chiamenti, F. Bonfigli, A. S. L. Gomes, F. Michelotti, R. M. Montereali, and H. J. Kalinowski1, J. Appl. Phys. 115, 023108 (2014).
23. D. B. Sirdeshmukh, L. Sirdeshmukh, and K. G. Subhadra, Alkali Halides: A Handbook of Physical Properties ( Springer Verlag, 2001).
26. G. M. Loubriel, T. A. Green, P. M. Richards, R. G. Albridge, D. W. Cherry, R. K. Cole, R. F. Haglund, Jr., L. T. Hudson, M. H. Mendenhall, D. M. Newns, P. M. Savundararaj, K. J. Snowdon, and N. H. Tolk, Phys. Rev. Lett. 57, 1781 (1986).
28. N. F. Mott, Metal-Insulator Transitions, 2nd ed. ( Taylor and Francis, 1990).
Article metrics loading...
Electroforming of indium-tin-oxide/alkali halide/poly(spirofluorene)/Ba/Al diodes has been investigated by bias dependent reflectivity measurements. The threshold voltages for electrocoloration and electroforming are independent of layer thickness and correlate with the bandgap of the alkali halide. We argue that the origin is voltage induced defect formation. Frenkel defect pairs are formed by electron–hole recombination in the alkali halide. This self-accelerating process mitigates injection barriers. The dynamic junction formation is compared to that of a light emitting electrochemical cell. A critical defect density for electroforming is 1025/m3. The electroformed alkali halide layer can be considered as a highly doped semiconductor with metallic transport characteristics.
Full text loading...
Most read this month