No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Improving metal/semiconductor conductivity using AlO x
interlayers on n-type and p-type Si
1.“International Technology Roadmap for Semiconductors (ITRS), Executive Summary,” 2013.
3. W. Schottky, Phys. Z. 41, 570 (1940).
17. B. E. Coss, W.-Y. Loh, H. C. Floresca, M. J. Kim, P. Majhi, R. M. Wallace, J. Kim, and R. Jammy, Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 102108 (2011).
18. A. Agrawal, J. Lin, M. Barth, R. White, B. Zheng, S. Chopra, S. Gupta, K. Wang, J. Gelatos, S. E. Mohney, and S. Datta, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 112101 (2014).
22. S. M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 2nd ed. ( John Wiley & Sons, 1981).
26. S. Guha, V. K. Paruchuri, M. Copel, V. Narayanan, Y. Y. Wang, P. E. Batson, N. A. Bojarczuk, B. Linder, and B. Doris, Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 092902 (2007).
27. P. D. Kirsch, P. Sivasubramani, J. Huang, C. D. Young, M. A. Quevedo-Lopez, H. C. Wen, H. Alshareef, K. Choi, C. S. Park, K. Freeman, M. M. Hussain, G. Bersuker, H. R. Harris, P. Majhi, R. Choi, P. Lysaght, B. H. Lee, H.-H. Tseng, R. Jammy, T. S. Böscke, D. J. Lichtenwalner, J. S. Jur, and A. I. Kingon, Appl. Phys. Lett. 92, 092901 (2008).
Article metrics loading...
Thermal atomic layer deposition was used to form ultra-thin interlayers in metal/interlayer/ semiconductor Ohmic contacts on n-type and p-type Si. AlO x of thickness 1–2 nm was deposited at 120 °C on Si substrates prior to metallization, forming Ni/AlO x /Si contacts. Conductivity improved by two orders of magnitude but the contacts remained rectifying. When they were annealed at 200 °C, the conductivity increased by another order of magnitude and the samples became Ohmic. A minimum specific contact resistivity of 1.5 × 10−4 Ω-cm2 was obtained for structures based on lightly doped (1015 cm−3) Si substrates. Existing models that describe Fermi level de-pinning do not fully explain our results, which are however consistent with other experimental data in the literature.
Full text loading...
Most read this month