No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
Mid-infrared intersubband polaritons in dispersive metal-insulator-metal resonators
9. J. Kasprzak, M. Richard, S. Kundermann, A. Baas, P. Jeambrun, J. M. J. Keeling, F. M. Marchetti, M. H. Szymanska, R. Andre, J. L. Staehli, V. Savona, P. B. Littlewood, B. Deveaud, and L. S. Dang, Nature 443, 409 (2006).
16. G. Xu, R. Colombelli, S. P. Khanna, A. Belarouci, X. Letartre, L. Li, E. H. Linfield, A. G. Davies, H. E. Beere, and D. A. Ritchie, Nat Commun 3, 952 (2012).
20. E. Palik, Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids ( Academic Press, San Diego, 1991).
25. H. Haus, Waves and Fields in Optoelectronics ( Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, 1984).
27. Y. Cai, I. Brener, J. Lopata, J. Wynn, L. Pfeiffer, J. B. Stark, Q. Wu, X. C. Zhang, and J. F. Federici, Appl. Phys. Lett. 73, 444 (1998).
28. S. Zanotto, F. Mezzapesa, F. Bianco, G. Biasiol, L. Baldacci, M. Vitiello, L. Sorba, R. Colombelli, and A. Tredicucci, “ Perfect energy feeding into strongly coupled systems: polaritonic coherent perfect absorption,” Nat. Phys. (in press).
Article metrics loading...
We demonstrate room-temperature strong coupling between a mid-infrared (λ = 9.9 μm) intersubband transition and the fundamental cavity mode of a metal-insulator-metal resonator. Patterning of the resonator surface enables surface-coupling of the radiation and introduces an energy dispersion which can be probed with angle-resolved reflectivity. In particular, the polaritonic dispersion presents an accessible energy minimum at k = 0 where—potentially—polaritons can accumulate. We also show that it is possible to maximize the coupling of photons into the polaritonic states and—simultaneously—to engineer the position of the minimum Rabi splitting at a desired value of the in-plane wavevector. This can be precisely accomplished via a simple post-processing technique. The results are confirmed using the temporal coupled mode theory formalism and their significance in the context of the strong critical coupling concept is highlighted.
Full text loading...
Most read this month