No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Reducing GaN-on-diamond interfacial thermal resistance for high power transistor applications
3. D. C. Dumka, T. M. Chou, J. L. Jimenez, D. M. Fanning, D. Francis, F. Failia, F. Ejeckama, M. Bernardoni, J. W. Pomeroy, and M. Kuball, in Proceedings of the 34th Annual IEEE Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium ( IEEE, Monterey, USA, 2013), p. F.4.
5. J. D. Blevins, G. D. Via, K. Sutherlin, S. Tetlak, B. Poling, R. Gilbert, B. Moore, J. Hoelscher, B. Stumpff, A. Bar-Cohen, J. J. Maurer, and A. Kane, in Proceedings of the Compound Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology Conference ( CS MANTECH, Denver, USA, 2014), p. 105.
6. J. Kuzmik, S. Bychikhin, D. Pogany, E. Pichonat, O. Lancry, C. Gaquière, G. Tsiakatouras, G. Deligeorgis, and A. Georgakilas, J. Appl. Phys. 109(8), 086106 (2011).
7. J. Cho, Z. Li, E. Bozorg-Grayeli, T. Kodama, D. Francis, F. Ejeckam, F. Faili, M. Asheghi, and K. E. Goodson, IEEE Trans. Compon., Package., Manuf. Technol. 3(1), 79 (2013).
14. S. Wu, PhD. thesis, University of Rochester, 2007.
17. V. I. Nepsha, Handbook of Industrial Diamonds and Diamond Films, edited by M. A. Prelas, G. Popovici, and L. K. Bigelow ( CRC Press, 1997), p. 151.
20. J. Cho, K. K. Chu, P. C. Chao, C. McGray, M. Asheghi, and K. E. Goodson, in Proceedings of the IEEE Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electronic Systems ( IEEE, Orlando, USA, 2014), p. 1186.
22. M. A. Angadi, T. Watanabe, A. Bodapati, X. Xiao, O. Auciello, J. A. Carlisle, J. A. Eastman, P. Keblinski, P. K. Schelling, and S. R. Phillpot, J. Appl. Phys. 99(11), 114301 (2006).
23. W. L. Liu, M. Shamsa, I. Calizo, A. A. Balandin, V. Ralchenko, A. Popovich, and A. Saveliev, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89(17), 171915 (2006).
24. Y. Won, J. Cho, D. Agonafer, M. Asheghi, and K. E. Goodson, in Proceedings of the 34th Annual IEEE Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium ( IEEE, Monterey, USA, 2013), p. F.1.
Article metrics loading...
Integration of chemical vapor deposited polycrystalline
diamond offers promising thermal performance for GaN-based high power radio frequency amplifiers. One limiting factor is the thermal barrier at the GaN to diamond interface, often referred to as the effective thermal boundary resistance (TBReff). Using a combination of transient thermoreflectance measurement, finite element modeling and microstructural analysis, the TBReff of GaN-on-diamond wafers is shown to be dominated by the SiNx interlayer for diamond growth seeding, with additional impacts from the diamond
nucleation surface. By decreasing the SiNx layer thickness and minimizing the diamond
nucleation region, TBReff can be significantly reduced, and a TBReff as low as 12 m2K/GW is demonstrated. This enables a major improvement in GaN-on-diamond transistor thermal resistance with respect to GaN-on-SiC wafers. A further reduction in TBReff towards the diffuse mismatch limit is also predicted, demonstrating the full potential of using diamond as the heat spreading substrate.
Full text loading...
Most read this month