No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Submicron cubic boron nitride as hard as diamond
9. N. Dubrovinskaia, V. L. Solozhenko, N. Miyajima, V. Dmitriev, O. O. Kurakevych, and L. Dubrovinsky, Appl. Phys. Lett. 90, 101912 (2007).
10. Y. J. Tian, B. Xu, D. L. Yu, Y. M. Ma, Y. B. Wang, Y. B. Jiang, W. T. Hu, C. C. Tang, Y. F. Gao, K. Luo et al., Nature 493, 385 (2013).
11. S. Karato, Deformation of Earth Materials: An Introduction to The Rheology of Solid Earth ( Cambridge University Press, New York, 2008), p. 280.
15. N. J. Petch, J. Iron Steel Inst., London 174, 25 (1953).
21. E. A. Ekimov, A. G. Gavriliuk, B. Palosz, S. Gierlotka, P. Dluzewski, E. Tatianin, Yu. Kluev, A. M. Naletov, and A. Presz, Appl. Phys. Lett. 77, 954 (2000).
22. H. K. Wang, D. W. He, C. Xu, M. J. Tang, Y. Li, H. N. Dong, C. M. Meng, Z. G. Wang, and W. J. Zhu, J. Appl. Phys. 113, 043505 (2013).
29. Q. Huang, D. L. Yu, B. Xu, W. T. Hu, Y. M. Ma, Y. B. Wang, Z. S. Zhao, B. Wen, J. L. He, Y. J. Tian et al., Nature 510, 250 (2014).
Article metrics loading...
Here, we report the sintering of aggregated submicron cubic boron nitride (sm-cBN) at a pressure of 8 GPa. The sintered cBN compacts exhibit hardness values comparable to that of single crystal
diamond, fracture toughness about 5-fold that of cBN single crystal, in combination with a high oxidization temperature. Thus, another way has been demonstrated to improve the mechanical properties of cBN besides reducing the grain size to nano scale. In contrast to other ultrahard compacts with similar hardness, the sm-cBN aggregates are better placed for potential industrial application, as their relative low pressure manufacturing perhaps be easier and cheaper.
Full text loading...
Most read this month