No data available.
Please log in to see this content.
You have no subscription access to this content.
No metrics data to plot.
The attempt to load metrics for this article has failed.
The attempt to plot a graph for these metrics has failed.
The full text of this article is not currently available.
Performance enhancement of perovskite solar cells with Mg-doped TiO2
compact film as the hole-blocking layer
1. H. S. Kim, C. R. Lee, J. H. Im, K. B. Lee, T. Moehl, A. Marchioro, S. J. Moon, R. Humphry-Baker, J. H. Yum, J. E. Moser, M. Grätzel, and N. G. Park, Sci. Rep. 2, 591 (2012).
5. J. Shi, J. Dong, S. Lv, Y. Xu, L. Zhu, J. Xiao, X. Xu, H. Wu, D. Li, and Y. Luo, Appl. Phys. Lett. 104, 063901 (2014).
13. Y. Wu, X. Yang, H. Chen, K. Zhang, C. Qin, J. Liu, W. Peng, A. Islam, E. Bi, and F. Ye, Appl. Phys. Express 7, 052301 (2014).
19. S. Lee, J. H. Noh, H. S. Han, D. K. Yim, D. H. Kim, J. K. Lee, J. Y. Kim, H. S. Jung, and K. S. Hong, J. Phys. Chem. C 113, 6878 (2009).
21. J. T. W. Wang, J. M. Ball, E. M. Barea, A. Abate, J. A. Alexander-Webber, J. Huang, M. Saliba, I. N. Mora-Sero, J. Bisquert, and H. J. Snaith, Nano Lett. 14, 724 (2014).
22. H. Zhou, Q. Chen, G. Li, S. Luo, T. B. Song, H. S. Duan, Z. Hong, J. You, Y. Liu, and Y. Yang, Science 345, 542 (2014).
26. W. Ke, G. Fang, J. Wang, P. Qin, H. Tao, H. Lei, Q. Liu, X. Dai, and X. Zhao, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 6, 15959 (2014).
27. J. H. Heo, S. H. Im, J. H. Noh, T. N. Mandal, C. S. Lim, J. A. Chang, Y. H. Lee, H. J. Kim, A. Sarkar, and M. K. Nazeeruddin, Nat. Photonics 7, 486 (2013).
28. W. Zeng, G. Fang, X. Wang, Q. Zheng, B. Li, H. Huang, H. Tao, N. Liu, W. Xie, and X. Zhao, J. Power Sources 229, 102 (2013).
33. X. Sun, Y. Liu, Q. Tai, B. Chen, T. Peng, N. Huang, S. Xu, T. Peng, and X. Zhao, J. Phys. Chem. C 116, 11859 (2012).
See supplementary material at http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4916345
for the hysteresis effect in the J-V
curves, SEM-EDX spectrum for Mg(0.10)-TiO2
nanoparticles, XRD patterns for none-doped TiO2
nanoparticles, SEM images of the surfaces of none-doped TiO2
, and Mg(0.15)-TiO2
compact films, and XPS spectra of Mg(0.10)-TiO2
compact film.[Supplementary Material]
Article metrics loading...
In this letter, we report perovskite
solar cells with thin dense Mg-doped TiO2 as hole-blocking layers (HBLs), which outperform cells using TiO2 HBLs in several ways: higher open-circuit voltage (V
oc) (1.08 V), power conversion efficiency (12.28%), short-circuit current, and fill factor. These properties improvements are attributed to the better properties of Mg-modulated TiO2 as compared to TiO2 such as better optical transmission properties, upshifted conduction band minimum (CBM) and downshifted valence band maximum (VBM), better hole-blocking effect, and higher electron life time. The higher-lying CBM due to the modulation with wider band gap MgO and the formation of magnesium oxide and magnesium hydroxides together resulted in an increment of V
oc. In addition, the Mg-modulated TiO2 with lower VBM played a better role in the hole-blocking. The HBL with modulated band position provided better electron transport and hole blocking effects within the device.
Full text loading...
Most read this month